1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Rider Down

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Old rider, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I read about some stuff called Q-Bond on the internet recently. Looks too good to be true, but I bought some anyway (!). Not had much success with it so far, but YMMV...

2. I believe there is no substitute for a fully engineered solution. Vibration an the forces exerted on the struts would be too much, IMO, but if someone knows differently, that would be great news for all of us 749/999 riders.

• Crap Crap x 1
  3. That looks good but mines an 03

4. People on here have been using it to fix fairings, I believe.
    Is it a two part epoxy??

5. The 749/999 is a whole world that I have yet to enter, apologies, are they very different?

EDIT - Part No:- 829.2.384.1.AC R/H (03-04)

#127 Chris, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Allegedly, the later look nosecone is broader, so that is presumably reflected in the length of the mirror support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Where there’s a will there’s a way Old rider, I have never seen the part you are talking about but there’s always a way to fix something, ally plates and pop rivets, araldite, ally welding, fibreglass, Sikaflex (the greatest adhesive known to man), self tappers who knows, as I say I haven’t seen the part so can’t envisage what you need to achieve but there’ll be a way to fix it sure as eggs are eggs:)
    Good to hear you’re relatively pain free that’s a bonus.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. You missed out the ratchet strap, fence wire and the baler twine from the list of useful fixes!

Also glad you are (Relatively) pain free OldRider. GWS!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. What about Duct tape? Plus its available in the right (near enough) colours!

Also glad you are (Relatively) pain free OldRider. Are you also free of painful relatives?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wow, well spotted Stu!

11. agree, except you still have to pick it up - that price is for early type 829.2.384.1.AC ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Yes :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Here’s hoping you make a full speedy recovery, keep in touch with your extended family on here to help with your recovery. We may not be able to fix your bones but I’m sure we can keep your spirits in tact.. x

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information