1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On A Mission To Find “the” Bike.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by CTRdemon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)

2. Hi all, just a quick update (over 1 year on). After contacting Ace Motorcycles in Bude (calls and emails) they've not been helpful. Bude is a good 5hrs drive from me otherwise I'd have popped in to speak to them face to face. Anyway, Ive been checking and the bike is now SORN.

I'm not sure where to go from here, keep watching the classifieds? Unless anyone has any other suggestions? So close yet so far.

Thanks all.

3. I thought that for a fee you could get "keepers details" from DVLA or is that only for rip off parking companies?

4. Hi and welcome great story hope you get the ending you deserve

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi all,

Another update... the current owner has contacted me asking if I am still interested in purchasing the bike! I am beyond excited, however I want to check the condition it is in etc to get a good idea of the current price.

Are there any key things to look out for on a 2002 Ducati Monster S4?

Thanks again for any help, almost there.

• Like Like x 7
  6. That’s incredible news, didn’t expect to read that. Let’s hope he’s a decent type as he could just name his price now of course , if it was me I’m not sure id even be that interested in the condition as long as it wasn’t written off. Have you asked similar questions on the monster forum? He could even be a member on there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I didn't expect it either. I made contact at the begging of July and he wasnt looking to sell. I have asked similar questions on there. The main reason I'm interested in the condition I guess is that the MOT ran out in May (it still is without one now).

That is a good point. I've been asked "how much will you offer?" From researching the prices of others I guess £3250 is the going rate depending on the condition. I want to make a fair offer. He seems like a decent type so far

#29 CTRdemon, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I don’t know anything about Monster values but if this were me, and assuming the potential seller knows why you want the bike, I would offer £500 more than the going rate to secure the bike before it starts to get silly.
    Good luck, great story.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Just ask him what he wants for it, it’ll probably be in good condition, if it’s not do it up, there’s only one in the world so what does it matter if you pay over the odds, do it , you won’t regret it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If he bought it from marks tey then it would have been the old Parkinson's which is no longer, But one of the old mechanics from Parkies is now independent, a chap called Glenn

Moto-V Unit 5
    Fordham road
    Fordham
    Colchester
    CO6 3NS

Glen Harrison 07771 615469

Because of the distance, is it possible for the owner to do a camera walk round and you tube it or email it over to you?, Might help with condition and engine sound?

11. What an amazing story so far, hope you can secure the bike mate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information