1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Line Divorce - Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ian, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Advice on a breakup, you will lose your kids, your home, your possessions, you will be lucky to have a shirt. Unless, you can be a man and stand up and say fuck you all, you will be get fucked and won't know how it happened.

So many men are losing out on seeing their kids because of ex wivies being so bitter and the courts. Sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I guess I was lucky. Neither my ex nor myself had any intention of allowing me to become isolated from my children.

One thing we actually agreed upon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. My divorce cost me a house half my business and a shed load of alimony still of the opinion it was money well spent
    The demented bitch has just separated from her third husband

• Like Like x 3
  4. Very nice? Don't be daft - it's worn out and nearly falling off.

A rabbi could have done it quicker, but it would have hurt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Someone once told me not to bother getting married. Just find a woman you hate and give her a house.... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. And back on thread....
    There just seems to be no obvious way of promoting things along from here. There doesn’t seem to be a ‘bump’ button on the website to get things shuffling along...

7. No. Keep in mind I am a lawyer in Australia - procedurally a divorce which I have done for myself is not identical here. As I understand it, the online system is really suited to "mutual" situations. So the preamble includes:

Before you apply
    You and your husband or wife need to work out:
    You also need to divide your money and property. There’s a deadline if you want to make this legally binding.
    You can usually avoid going to court hearings if you agree about children, money and property and the reasons for ending your marriage.

Of course I have no idea of the particular circumstances. But if all the above is sorted the online design is framed around compliance by both parties. It is not designed to deal with non-compliance - courts will always maintain jurisdiction over such matters as was indicated in my first post. Where the husband has not responded within the 8 day limit your friend will need to initiate a proceeding in court to prompt the court to satisfy itself whether the respondent has received the application and /or serve the application upon the respondent.

Court staff can assist in which forms to file along with evidence of the original application etc. No attendance in court should be necessary, this is pretty mechanical stuff. However if your friend has initiated the application online specifically to avoid contact with courts then obviously seeking assistance from a solicitor will be necessary.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information