1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 On The Dyno At Jhs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Feb 9, 2018.

1. 188bhp which for the record is around the same as a standard s1000rr (on that dyno)

#1 Advikaz, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. So that is 3 runs from different dynos we’ve seen and all posted different values. Am I surprised ? No. Is only one of the dynos right and the others wrong ? No. 44Teeth are supposed to be putting together a back to back test of the major manufacturer rivals which will be for me, the comparison to use. All the bikes ridden by the same riders under the same conditions. Will it affect my decision to buy the Panigale V4 if it doesn’t come first ? Nah :). Andy

3. As with all dynos you can only really compare figures on that same dyno, comparing different dynos figures is always difficult. Mcn’s figures I never take much notice of they voted the new blade as the top bike of 2017 after all lol and they have a financial relationship with many manufacturers.

But yes it’s making the same power at the rear wheel (on that dyno) So a good measure bike for bike as your average s1000rr which is by no means a bad thing. I think for many they where expecting more though.

100cc more than an rsv4 and only 8 extra horse power

#3 Advikaz, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Lies I tell ya! 214hp all of them at the wheel!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Why is the bloke you ran over head still stuck to the tyre?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. What would be really interesting though, is the figure after proper running in?
    Never had a bike yet that did not get much quicker with some miles on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. And we both know that with bikes of similar performance, it’s about how that performance is delivered not about outright figures. The Panigale 1299 SL makes more mid range horsepower than the WSB Panigale (admitedly with 100cc difference). The V4 will be my first experience of a bike with an electronics package (the 1098R traction control doesn’t count) and if it turns me into a riding god which one of the journos at Valencia claimed it would, it’ll be worth every penny. To be fair, if it is as good as my 1098R, it’ll still be worth it. Andy

8. I’m not arguing it’s a good bike. But turning you in to a riding god it won’t. There’s fast bikes and fast riders.

Bit like me shafting my missus with a 12” all singing all dancing Dildo and saying it makes me a top shagger. It doesn’t does it, I might be operating it but it’s not me is it.

And you’re still going to need to have the minerals to push it hard on track in order not to get humped by 600’s left right and centre. Going to get expensive if you chuck it down the road.

#8 Advikaz, Feb 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mate, I’m 64 years old, 6’4” tall and weigh 17 stone, the time for being a riding god left me behind 45 years ago :joy:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Totally agree with this, was humbled by our instructor at Blyton Park on an SV650 a few year back (set up track bike in my defence? :/ ) me on a 1200 multi with good tyres. To be fair though he did say I was leaning too far, and that slowed me down loooaaaddsss.

11. We only need to be a riding god in our own minds. No one else matters unless you are racing.

Still reckon this will prove to be the fastest bike round most tracks. I know that Valia was taking the V4 round Mugello a good few seconds faster than he ever did a 1299.

12. What did he mean by the 15%. Is there a plus and minus 15% accuracy on dyno’s

13. He says they have used the 15% loss from output at the crank to rear wheel for ages with the calculator putting the crank hp at 217. I notice that the guy mentioned the soft tyre potentially affecting the grip on the dyno drum. Wilf found that he had to strap the rear of the bike down a lot hader to stop the wheel spinning up on the dyno drum. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Yeh said something about losing 5hp due to the bike having a soft tyre

15. Pah, sounds like a well setup DVT Multistrada would hammer it then ?

Fastest A-B bike there is ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Had my 1299S on the dyno today at DWR Motorcycles in Aylesbury (good recommendation Jolley!) with a full Akrapovic system and after the work done by the maestro’s at DWR, it hit 209.5 BHP at the wheel (228.3 at the crank) and 104.2 ft/lbs torque (at wheel), 113.5 (at crank).........

Think I’ll stick with my V2!

• Like Like x 1
  17. No disrespect mate but I seriously doubt the figures from that dyno.. I know of a guy who’s just had his 1299 built to essentially a superbike spec motor by moto rapido who’s putting out those figures. We are talking full sbk system and internals etc as well

EF48A823-8771-4A7E-B2F6-533FAFC8A52D.jpeg

#17 Advikaz, Feb 9, 2018
  18. When it went in, it produced 179.2 (Ducati racing map) and the fuelling was all over the show. I watched them map it (took 4 hours) and then the final run it gave 209.5. If the dyno is reading over that’s one thing, but you can’t argue against the fact that it increased the bhp by over 30 bhp

19. Lies I tell ya! 145hp at the wheel and not a single one more!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information