1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One For The Accountants

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ducati dad, Apr 17, 2019.

1. You don’t need a Hewlett Packard, it’s the same answer using the free calculator ap on an iPhone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. It appears a poor return but don’t forget we started with half of bugger all; 3/960ths of £1. If we’d started with £1 and my in my head calculation is correct we’d have just short of £609,000 now. Is that better? :)

3. And if you started with half a pound of tuppeny rice, the weasel would still go pop?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. No.
    You still aren't a millionaire and you haven't been destroying the US from the inside ... so that's not better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you take into account inflation your 5 farthing in 1744 would now be worth £ 2.19 - Rodgers we’d be millionaires :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Is it? FFS, why did I waste so much of my life mastering the HP12C? :(
    ps. I just checked my app and it can’t do compound interest...... can it?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aha, inflation? I’ll factor that in tomorrow and see where we are :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. You have to go landscape format to get the extra keys, including the X^^Y function.

So, for 5% compound interest, 1.05 to the power of (Number of years) times the initial sum = final amount.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Aha. Thanks. I knew about the landscape mode revealing the extra functions but I never knew that’s what the X^Y key did. Coolio. :upyeah: I’m now going to test that out with some other calcs:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. no wonder the monkeys eat their young .........

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Easier to be a Democrat. More money and you don't have to know anything, let alone how to programme* a scientific calculator.

* more people spell it "program", thus *program* is actually correct.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information