1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Option For Lifting Bike For Maintenance, Etc

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wolfram, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Can you post some pictures from the side view?
    I can’t tell how the wrought-iron trellis attaches to the back of the bike in the head-on shot. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    #42 DanSS600, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  3. its actually stainless thick walled tube it was all i had laying about at the time does bow slightly if front end was off there will be less weight shouldnt bow really works front or rear of the bike
    dont think i have a side view of bike on the stand bar just slots through the frame around the headstock
    as for the trellis well.....its 2 driveway gates stacked in the way of shed door just to be awkward
    now have nice gates fixed in front of door though

must point out all credit goes to AL as inspiration for stands came from his creation ;)

#43 johnboy, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  4. used a couple of large axle stands i borrowed from work at the back before i made my stands when i did an engine swap

Photo0295.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey it's food for thought for all D.I.Y carpenters on this forum for knocking up something in the shed.:upyeah:

6. The 'rod' on my stands is from a 2.0 metre long, 25mm diameter solid weightlifting bar.....I'm guessing it is high tensile steel and it was a sod to saw even with new hacksaw blades.

7. knocking something up in the shed i wish cannot get in the shed for to much sh*t kids push bikes etc
    WP_20160505_14_29_18_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Abba Skylift is great - only downside is the price but once you have bought it the fitting kits for other bikes are relatively cheap.

9. With all that sawdust activity you'd do with a butchers shop floor.

10. All those power tools to cut a few bits of 4"x2".......are handsaws extinct now? ;)

My front stand was just four cuts with a handsaw; two drilled holes and several screws with a cordless drill. But the bar blunted two new Eclipse hacksaw blades; luckily the bar drilled and tapped easier than cutting it.

The rear stand was a different matter (not the bar bit, though).....that metal angle was a real sod to cut and drill.

11. i was bored and if i dont use the tools often enough the wife thinks i dont need them
    anyway i like playing with my tools but yes i could have have done without but as said i like playing with tools :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information