1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Diavel Vs Xdiavel?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Apr 3, 2016.

?
  1. Diavel

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. XDiavel

32 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Neither as I'm not an American wannabe

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. 20160703_153424.jpg Original Diavel better when ridden 'enthusiastically' two up. It's our pillion bike - my wife loves it. Broad seat comfy and and the DP screen helps us both. She felt the X Diavel looked dangerous to pillions, although there is mini back rest I believe.

Diavel will pick up the front wheel on the throttle, the massive rear tyre gives loads of cornering confidence and the torque kicks in to leave a lot of sports bikes behind on the gear changes. Ground clearance is OK, but both footrests well chamfered and watch out for the exhaust front pipe decking out on the rhs. I find myself tucking my toes in.

The XDiavel exhaust exit looks great - Diavel silencers are huge and get in the way of heels. Not found something smaller that wouldn't shatter windows.

We joke it is our shopping bike - but it gets a lot of use. Swinging through the bends is an absolute hoot.

BTW rode a Harley on hols in the USA. Huge pile of sh#t. Not even worth mentioning in the same breath as a Diavel. This is a powerful performance bike, yet you can relax and pootle along when the mood takes.

2. Love them both but X wins on looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I am biased, but Gen 2 carbon Diavel for me, as said by someone else, ride it like a sports bike, and its a hooligan of a bike. Great fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. X for looks, original for comfort.
    Thinking about this recently in light of the new Harley range. Its a wonder they sell any outside of the US. If (a big if..) I wanted a muscle cruiser I'd buy an X-Diavel. If I wanted a touring bagger I'd buy a Guzzi Cali or maybe an Indian. If I wanted a sparkly custom cruiser I'd buy the big Triumph Thunderbird. If I wanted a Sportser I'd buy a Bobber.
    The four mainstay categories in Harley's range, all trumped or at least matched by European brands. Its amazing the power of a badge.

5. future as in this Saturday yes?

6. Love the diavel for tootling about, for a serious run will use the multi. More than 2-3 hours on a panigale is had work these days, but the adrenalin helps a bit

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I could see you on one of these @El Toro ;)

Ducati XDiavel_17_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Diavel/xdiavel are my guilty pleasure.. actually annoys me that I like them.

9. yea got mine painted as soon as I got it & fitted tidy tail

10. Have never ridden the X but love my gen 1.
    As carbon 749 says, it's a hooligan of a bike.
    It will surprise some sports bike riders in the twisties as well.
    Always feel I'm going to lose my licence on it lol.

Will have to get out on an x, just to see what there like,
    looks alone I'd still pick the original gen 1.

11. Not been able to touch mine down despite getting to the edge if the tyres (just). Mind you I only ride 2 up and have pumped up the rear pre-load.

As for the front coming up, I have had that in 2nd off the throttle...!!
    Bonkers bike.

Originally I went into the dealer for a Multistrada and ended up with a Diavel Dark Gen2 after a test ride.
    I have really enjoyed it, but think that a MS (950 Maybe) is really the bike for me, just will find it hard to say bye bye to the Diavel.

12. Incoming 2 cents.....

Both to me look the business from the rear but from the front the gen1: definately no - to harley farley the gen2: less so.

When i was up at Ducati Johns last month he had one in (and X) which had left the road, not on its wheels. His has the footpegs on it that put you in a more upright (streetfighter type stance) and i like that, alot, kinda turned it more into a supernaked. The other thing is, while i was sifting through pinterest pics i came across one with a straight bar conversion and that, coupled with the pegs i would say would be a winner for me...id have one (2nd gen) if it had those 2 things done....

13. anyone got a standard xdiavel exchaut they want to sell ,& has anyone cut one open to mod it to get more sound

14. Stick a thread in the wanted section :)

15. thanks but don't no were to find that section

16. many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. No problem, good luck in your search......

18. I would go X, mainly because it would always be a 2nd or 3rd bike and I like the idea of a foot forward cruiser for bumbling about on.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information