1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Diavel Vs Xdiavel?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Apr 3, 2016.

?
  1. Diavel

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. XDiavel

32 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Neither as I'm not an American wannabe

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. There is one thing that confuses me about the X. You can buy one and then pay a grand to have the pegs reverted back to a more normal position ?? So why not just buy the standard Diavel then if you don't want the feet forward bit ? Am I missing something here :thinkingface:

2. Belt drive, longer wheelbase and updated engine. Having never ridden the thing I’m not sure what it means from a riding experience perspective.

It’s not really my style of bike, but to me, they make Harley’s look like a horse and cart.

#42 Jimmy899, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yes. It's a completely different style of bike. The only thing they have in common is that they have "Diavel" in the name.

4. Ahh, ok, I have just read, its that 1262 DVT motor they use in the new Multi. You got one yet Tel ??

5. Nope - not yet. Still got the Panigale and now the Scrambler 1100 Sport.

But I can see me getting the XDiavel in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yes u soon get use to forward foot pegs within a day or so 20170926_120207 (1).jpg , I have had mine just over a year its realy great to ride , dun 2 track days on it as well as a lot of touring, it handles well ,stops, comfortable & fast wen u want it to, have u riden one

• Like Like x 2
  7. Took me twenty minutes or so when I had my test ride :)

8. "had my test ride chasing Philo Beddoe" :D

9. I test rode the Xdiavel S last week & as I’m normally on a multistrada it was a big shock, but to me the bad points of weighed the good, I found any faster than about 65mph I was being strangled buy my helmet as it was trying to be ripped of my head ( salesman said because your wearing the wrong helmet for the bike ) suspension was that hard I could of told you weather it was heads of tales by going over a pound coin & was leaving the seat going over dipped man hole covers

It has a wide front tyre so takes a lot wider turn & more effort & being pushed on to the pillion seat by the force of the air flow

10. What kind of helmet did you have on? If it was an open faced one I could understand the comment.

11. It was a shoei neotec

12. Hmmm maybe I guess as it's a flip up one isn't it? I rode with my Arai RX7GP and didn't have a problem. But when I have my AGV open face lid on when I ride the Scrambler if I am over 65 mph it tries to rip my head off.

13. I have a gen 1 that I love, it is without doubt the bike I will keep. I took the x diavel out for a few hours and while I liked it the forward pegs put a lot of pressure on the lower back. I enjoy pushing it hard in the twisty bits and feel the pegs on the gen 1 are better suited for me. Both great bikes, cant go wrong. Jumped on it yesterday after the v4 and belted down the road for a pint, makes me smile every time.

14. I’ll be testing both in the Spring with a view to swapping the M821 next year. I like to plan early and save up. The Matt liquid concrete grey XD has me swooning.

15. Very first thing after i bought the Diavel Dark was to buy a decent screen.
    bought a PUIG screen which is adjustable -you can change the rake angle quite easily.
    the wind blast at warp speed on the M8 wisnae nice i can tell you! ;)

16. I now have a new Xdiavel, and after 5 weeks ownership I’m awaiting the Ducati smoke roadster windshield. It’s insanely winds at speed without one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information