1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Supermono Up For Auction At Bonhams In Vegas

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Dec 27, 2018.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. Eye of the beholder and all that, but to me that makes the 999 look pretty...:poop:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Yes. I wouldn't buy it unless i was a millionaire but its still a very very rare Ducati.

Can you still have these hand made by Alistair Wager?

3. Emperors new clothes.
    Just cos it’s expensive that doesn’t make it beautiful or valuable.
    Just look at that cunt Kim Kardashian, expensive but she ent pretty and she certainly ent valuable.
    If a dogs born in a barn it isn’t a sheep

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yes it's very rare but not the prettiest of bikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I remember at the time it’s looks were raved about. I saw one racing I think at Donnington - was it Scott Smart? Looked nice.

Spawned the super sport revised looks, which never looked as good as the earlier ones.

6. I saw one in the Ducati museum a few months back. I liked it because of what it was, not because of it's looks, which are like a small cc Cagiva to my eye. :eyes:

I think it's lusted after because of the production numbers. If they had made 20,000 of them, I'm not sure they'd be coveted at all.

That being said, it I had £100k down the back of the sofa............................:)

IMG_7352.JPG

7. Only used for track days, never raced. Shame, a raced one would be worth more.

I wonder if they used acf50 on it :bucktooth:

8. I wonder if Ducati are considering making a new SuperMono? The front cylinder off a Pani 1299, with SL parts, would yield a 650 single with 100 bhp and ultra light weight. If they made just 100 of them, they'd sell out in a day regardless of price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It’s a hell of an effort to get as low as 120 kg

But it’s one of the worst, if not worst, looking bikes they have produced. Nothing flows. No lines.

10. #For that price you could track down five/six collectable ducati's:thinkingface:and ride them without wrecking the value:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep. Looks like a bastard bitsa desmo due racer. Parts from every manufacturer bolted on with roof bolts and cable ties.

12. Nah, def not the worse:
    61266[1].jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Agreed! Looked like it had crashed in to a low kerb!

14. That’s far better looking than the supermono thing

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Neil Spalding has a whole section on the Supermono he raced on his http://www.sigmaperformance.com/racing.htm website, well worth a little read and a bike he wishes he never sold .....

Personally I think it’s stunning in the same way a Lancia Stratos or Alfa SZ is .....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I remember watching Robert Holden race #34 in NZ in 1993, didn't realise how significant of an event it was back then for many reasons.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information