1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bike Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Rob, Jun 4, 2014.

1. had 2 mate. well an rd & a rzv. loved em! sold it and got an rg 500. only had it a couple of weeks and traded it in for a gsxr750. just didn't like it! try and dig out some photos...

2. My 2003 Tornado, hanging out with some fellow Italians (not mine, sadly)...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. What's up with the fans at the back? What do they do?

• Like Like x 1
  4. The eternal question.

They're just cooling fans - the radiator is under the seat instead of out front. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I saw One at the salisbury bike meet, looked good but fans didn't add any extra speed ;)

6. cool,first sports bike i wanted. we all rode round on rd's when teenagers.

7. It's not quick quick, compared to current litre bikes, but the engine (a triple) is a peach and I always get people gawping at it wherever I go. Lovely bike :upyeah:

8. same here. my first proper bike was a rd 125 ac but with a 175 cc fitted. electric start, all my mates were dead jealous. :smile:

got some allspeeds fitted as well. made a right racket.

9. Sadly not magnesium - just painted ally. Gold frames and Prillas are like Red trellis frames and Ducati! :)

10. younger than you dude. ;) Lc micron, reeds, ace bars. .
    we made a 400 ac crosser of sorts felt v.quick at the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yeah but the shape of the tank never makes you want to break hard ;-)

12. Well, came across this thread....thought id throw the other one up here...got this and the old 1100evo hyper....the 2 extremes of the types of bikes that I like...although this is the first thing ive ever owned with fairing. That's at the TT this year parked up at my mates house is Port St Mary. It currently doesn't look anything like this as I think if I spend another hour at it ill have the engine out. A raft of upgrades getting added to it at the moment...
    20140602_101109.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Love that, comfy. Looks so small

14. It is...which is probably the best thing about it - and before anyone shouts bling at the upgrades its purely engine only....

15. But your hoses are blue!

16. If we ever meet up un a ride out, will you let me have a sit on it? I'm curious about them, and what I should start saving for to join the R1. (Excluding the 2's up bike Mrs Pingping wants, that doesn't count as I have permission!)

17. Yup - that was part of the pre TT service....the original hoses were cracking round the seams on a couple of them plus the clips that hold them on are notorious for not going back on...

No - this current strip down is for a number of reasons....

1. Rocker covers are leaking oil (not my fault. Apparently bad design. Aprilia have updated the shape of the new cover along with all the gaskets...) - it only leaks literally vapour - no enough to hit the floor. But I like to keep on top of stuff so im doing them all the same - the problem is, is its a factory so theyre magnesium which = 170 quid...
    2. Its going to the Dyno soon and the dyno guy said "have you blocked off the SAS system..." to which I replied "what the fuck is that then?" Aprilia have a system which takes air from the airbox and injects it into the headers to lower emissions...only problem is, is its affects any dyno work as the results are true...cue block off plates which had to come from the u.s. - 90 quid and I know im going to get hit for the VAT as well...
    3. To get to the SAS system I had to take the entire exhaust out and the rad off which then opened up an avenue for visiting the local Stainless dude to replace the rusted, chalky fittings around the bottom of the engine and round the rad.

Once it actually makes it to the dyno its gotta come home to then be stripped again to remove the sas solenoid which is nicely situated underneath the throttle body's - this can only be removed once the ecu has been opened and then the solenoid is marked offline....

And then after all that the tyres will need replacing as they were pretty knacked going out to the TT and Chris will give them a nice flat spot from 2 days on the dyno....total cost....about 1k so far...

18. Happily - youre more than welcome to have a go.....ironically this is what my mate in work said last year just before I wrote off his r6.

19. Its an amazing bike...if I had the choice of another litre based sports bike I think id go for a newer factory aprc version its that good.

20. I appreciate the offer of a proper go, but a sit will suffice :) I dare not crash someone's pride and joy! I'll crash a dealer's first. It's a long way to an Aprilia dealer if the bike is too small

Do Not Sell My Personal Information