1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oulton Park Track Day Cost £4000

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by james griffin, Feb 16, 2019.

1. I was led to believe this fella spend 5k.... he was billy no mates in the paddock....even had the ducati leather chair....so I WAS a little interested in his progress...beautiful v4s speciale, matching leathers and boots to full monty...but he was wringing its neck out of lodge, dear leap …...and I mean full on.....looked quick to me but I didn't time him....did try to spark up a chat with him but he was focused and not arsed about anything there except his riding, which was better and quicker than anything else about on Saturday, indeed if there was safety issue it would've been riders getting in his way....if I had that much coinage I do it too.....

2. If it’s the same guy that was there for the last track day of 2018 then he’s rapid, iirc it was the open session track day on the 16th November.

He had a garage to himself, Ducati chair, mat, the full shebang. He never went out until after lunch when the track was dry enough.

3. Oh make NO mistake this guy knew how to ride and did.....gotta be the same bloke....35k v4 speciale etc seriously impressive as I said full on head shaking power wobble didn't phase this fella one bit....did make me smile, no doubt someone on here will spill the beans....lol

4. upload_2019-2-18_21-24-2.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Booking it out has got to be cheaper than building your own track.
    Fuck it, he’s got the shekels so why not.
    The chair and mat are a no no for me unless unbranded, but then with a empty garage who gets to see them anyway.
    Your here once, make it count

6. On another note, I think someone managed to come off on the start finish, I think they got in a wobble coming up deer leap and went down, I’ll get the video. Go to 3:15

7. yep saw the aftermath......was indeed don't think there was any injury mind....stopped the sess but it was started again in a few mins.....

8. Surprised to see the bike way, way, way down the track but good to see the rider sit up. Not so good to see the indiscipline of some of the riders failing to back off the power under a waved flag. Andy

9. I heard he was doing 2min laps ? That's not exactly quick around there and is probably mid to low fast group pace at most days

10. Heard? Well if it is the same guy I’d very much doubt he was doing 2 min laps.

11. I think it'd be hard to get a flag up in time there. From memory, the marshal point before that is right before Lodge, which probably wasn't up by the time they passed, and then not again until around the start/finish line
    He looked lucky not to get collected as that's a fast part of the track

12. Yeah, I only heard from someone that was there, so could be very wrong
    From the pics I saw, he didn't exactly look fast though, but looks can be deceiving
    Besides that though, if I had the cash, I'd love to have a session to myself, especially considering some of the riding I've seen at Oulton in the past :)

13. Trust me this fella was way quicker than anything or else on the circuit......saw it myself …..

• Like Like x 2
  14. I stand corrected then

15. Just to throw my penny’s worth in..... I did speak to this miserable tw*t and from what he told me he was testing the bike for data for Ducati.

I did approach him as I was curious as to the noise test. how the hell that got through with a full akra I don’t know..... my 1299 with full akra has no chance.

He did have his slicks stacked up with how many laps they’d done stacked up so whether or not he might just be full of sh*t.

He also stated that Ducati sorted out the track time as he’s said “ I just ride the bike”

An absolute arse so I just walked off and left him to it.

He didn’t seem that quick at all to me, but saying that if he’s that good and riding for his self then mix it with the fast boys and show them how it’s done.....

A mate of mine used to do oulton in a 1:41 on his Ducati 1098rs when he was racing. Now that’s quick!

16. What makes him an arse ? The fact that he was by the sounds of it doing his day job in his 'office' and randoms are busy questioning him as to the what / where and whys ?

And if he is there data gathering his ego has nothing to do with it, he has been provided track access by Ducati to get data, not show off how fast he is or 'mix it' with the fast boys, how do we know he wasn't out collecting braking data or suspension data rather than speed related data ? Maybe he needed the space.

• Like Like x 2
  17. To be honest, that whole story sounds unlikely
    Ducati have a load of dry and warm tracks on the doorstep of their factory, so why would you use Oulton in February when the chances are it's going to be wet and miserable - That coupled with the fact that it appears he didn't go out until it was dry after lunch
    Did the guy have a Ducati UK van with him and any engineers ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. But who says its not a UK Dealer team supported data acquisition activity funded by Ducati, be it dealer or corporate, all the guy knows is that Ducati paid for it, that could mean anything .....

Again the absolute lack of facts make it difficult to judge and I'm just being arsey as all the pitchfork wielding idiots have decided to hang draw and quarter the guy with no more facts than he was in a group on his own.

So in a way I agree with you, is it plausible, does it sound a little fishy etc etc ... but we can't condemn the guy as has been happening until we know.

Or am I being too much of a remainer ???

• Like Like x 2
  19. At the end of the day the fella is a legend :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. It costs nothing to be a bit more friendly.... obviously a bike like that is going to attract attention wether or not you want it and then to be out on track on your own brings even more.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information