1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our First Motorhome Trip

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Zhed46, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I was just warning them. And they were Digestives, not Hob Nobs ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. That's a beaut!

This pic sums up how he was feeling as it's been his ambition to be allowed on the bed since we first got him and now he finally achieved it by virtue of the fact that the pull out bed in the main body of the van (the boys shared the bed in the overcab area) was too low for me to stop him climbing on. He slept on the floor at first but when I woke up he was curled up by my feet, shortly followed by him joining me under the covers for a bit of spooning, which was very welcome because I had left the roof vents open and it had rained in the night, plus I hadn't yet worked out how to operate the heating, so I was wet and bloody freezing.

7471BCA3-994C-4E82-B7A6-8FB2D63474A9.jpeg

#22 Zhed46, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ha ha ha
    :upyeah:

4. The place I’m thinking of is just off your map following the road next to the reservoir:

https://goo.gl/maps/zrN77LmHwNviZsKZ8

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok, still a bit harsh! What had they done?

• Funny Funny x 1

6. Lovely post. I see you mentioned spending winter in S of F. I thought I should mention the weather ain’t great till Easter, then it’s T shirt all day.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I don’t think that’s the same road as it’s more open than the one we were on. Plus, there was Armco on parts of it due to steep drops. I remember this because when I thought the old diesel bus wasn’t going to get up the steep exit of the hairpin, I was relieved that at worst we would just roll back into it rather than plummeting over the edge to our doom!

• Like Like x 1
  8. We got a tiny one in February - had loads of use of it this year. Its a squeeze for 4 of us but still enjoyable bimbling about A highlight was knocking up 15 pizzas in a field from scratch, proving the dough in the van in the afternoon then cooking on the gas powered Ooni for my sister in law's 40th. Screenshot_2020-08-09-16-52-39-403_com.whatsapp (1).jpg

• Like Like x 11
  9. How many pizzas?
    I thought that you’d put on a little weight Ed
    :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nice Brian. Is that the replacement for the VW? Must admit that looks good.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sounds great and very addictive too.
    Good write up. Amusing that the dog gets more pics than the boys:joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Get yourself up round the North Coast 500, the north west coast of Scotland is stunning. SB2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. But very very busy at the mo!

14. That's useful info, but I imagine almost any other more southerly location is going to be more pleasant than Britain in February! I'm not all that bothered about temperature and if the weather was bright but frosty I'd actually quite like that. I just don't want to be constantly damp and miserable from being drizzled on almost every single day from Jan til March.

We can't leave Europe unfortunately, primarily because my profession's regulatory body has a bit of a thing about client data passing through non-EU based ISP servers which may not be GDPR compliant.

15. I keep threatening to accept @finm invitation to visit, so that is defo on the cards at some point in the near future. :upyeah:

#35 Zhed46, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. coolio. bring the bike. theres a caravan park at the bottom of the road or cuil bay just along the road.

• Like Like x 2
  17. That's amazing! I have no patience for that sort of thing unfortunately, so we only cooked anything which required no more than one pan and would be in and out of the fire in 10 mins, which basically meant bacon, sausages and burgers. Well, that and those posh Pot Noodle things, which give you a hot meal if not a very nutritious meal within 3 minutes of boiling the kettle. This stuff also makes amazing mash in a matter of minutes so I have a stock of it in the van.
    6C6134DF-7573-4B81-A4D4-69D902989103.jpeg

Sounds like a plan, most likely post-Xmas. We just need to see what happens with any further lockdowns because when I was reading about the new "no more than 6 people together" rules last night, I also realised that there are a lot of local lockdowns and travel bans in place in various parts of the UK which might affect my plans.

#37 Zhed46, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Makes me want one more.

• Like Like x 2
  19. its cool, bar the DR or CRF the bikes are away soon anyhoo. spring aint that far away. :upyeah:

20. Depending on where you will be dictates how many cafes and restaurants etc will be open/closed. It can be eerily quiet, especially in the evenings. Many shops, restaurants, cafes close for the winter season. A lot of the staff are then working in ski resorts, but maybe not this winter??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information