1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overused Words

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Evostu, May 22, 2020.

1. Isn’t that just an Australian accent learned from years of watching Neighbours and Home and Away?

2. could be, but I blame Britney Spears in her school uniform ;-)

3. Yes, I particularly dislike the collective of "guys". Especially when girls (normally american) refer to a female group as "Hey, Guys..." Really grates.
    And then the "gangsta" talk of caucasian people speaking like a non-caucasian drug dealer.. "oh man, I aks you, dat is siiick..." just annoying
    And all of the above posts!!

Signed - an intolerant git.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. “I don’t swallow”

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Chopper
    Bobber
    Custom
    Barn find or
    Hipster to describe anything that's had its handlebars changed

IMG_E7835[1].JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I've noticed a trend for people to give a little lip-smack before speaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Outstanding is another one

8. "Dominic Cummings did nothing wrong..."

9. ....not a word but everything Ben fogle says :punch:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. : unamused:I just had an “art of the possible” used on me.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. ‘Not even kidding’. I didn’t think you was. Even if I cared (which I don’t) I have no reason to disbelieve you.
    Like.
    Sorry for the thread revival by the way!

#211 Ian, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Buddy - Yank wank
    Team (in a work setting) as in 'Team, today we are looking at...' (Bullshit Bingo Hall of Fame)
    I'm liking/I'm loving - more Yank wank, a virus spread by TV series Friends, apparently
    Bad Boy - used by schoolboys overdosing on glee when describing some item causing the excitement

13. Yes Yellow, this is SO very annoying! I know its allowed nowadays but its original intention was to be used elsewhere in a sentence. It sounds so wrong when it is used in answer to someones question.....instead of beginning with ' It is' or 'its' , even 'Well', beginning with 'So' sounds kind of pompous to me....'so' is like 'therefore' but you wouldn't normally start a sentence with it. Interestingly, the place I have noticed it the most is on Melvin Bragg's excellent 'In Our Time' programme on Radio 4.....invited academics often use it and it really grates on me...its the younger contributors who do it the most I have noticed. Im not a pedant but merely in de pendant.....:p

14. and the Sullivan's................

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Going forward
    Synergy
    Amazeballs
    Oh my days
    So, <something>
    The thing is, is...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. “Yeah, no, I don’t know but....”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. stay alert..................

18. Touch base
    Sing from the same song sheet, I actually heard these two phrases today being used by Managers
    Going forward

also, when somebody (usually management) ask for your thoughts on something then tell you you’re wrong!

surprised I’ve still got a job really

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. knock 'em out ........Cvnts,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information