1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P*ssed Off To The Picos

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Cooperman, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Looks like Potes, remember it very well, a terrific area to ride, one that I'll definitely be heading back to at some point in the future.
    Good stuff and fine photos too.:cool::sun:

2. Yes, one photo is Potes. I actually stayed up the road in Cosgaya at the hotel Del Oso (bear). Its a dead end road up to the cable car at Funte De. Potes can get quite busy as a biker area but is does provide options for eating and drinking.

With regard to the coast there are many locations including isolated beaches. I visited Llanes and Ribadesella.

Equally turn inland and you are quickly exploring gorges or elevating over 1,500m.

I did enjoy the 114 road out of Panes as a fast flowing road.

1.5 hours from Santander makes it easily accessible from the ferry.

In summary an easy destination to reach, a huge area with variety to explore, temperate, and plenty of cheap quality accommodation. Oh - and roads made for bikers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. @Cooperman who did you use for travel insurance? I can get loads, cheap, covers Covid related stuff, but not for riding motorcycles over 125cc.

4. [QUOTE="And this was my morning pal.

[​IMG]

A 2 month old St Bernard with the run of the hotel del Oso in Cosgaya.[/QUOTE]

Stayed there a few times over the years, always a couple of huge St Bernard to greet you at the door, well mainly blocking it :D, lovely to see they now have a pup. Looks like a great trip, we should have been then in April :rolleyes:

#24 kartman, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  5. Really? My travel insurance has always been the other way round and only if renting a bike, if you own it and have a licence, helmets etc it’s fine

• Like Like x 1
  6. My travel insurance is through Barclays, it will only cover me up to 125cc on a rental bike abroad but I'm fully covered if I ride my own, over 125cc, bike as long as I started my journey on it from the UK, am licensed and insured to ride it and wear a helmet, still covered in these Covid times :upyeah:, surprisingly!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information