1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 P3 Tuning, Liverpool

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bettes, May 25, 2021.

1. 899/1299...
    Hi all. Has anyone had any experience with this lot?
    I’ve heard a few good things and couple of negatives...
    Appreciate any feedback. :)

2. Seem to have plenty positive feedback on the ktm superduke page on FB. Most of it seems to be tuning by power commander from the posts,
    but folk seem happy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cheers Glen!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Ian,

I had my 899 mapped there last May and was happy with the results. The bike was always poor at low throttle openings and it was really starting to piss me off despite fitting the throttle spacers (Termi, Sprint filter and up map were already on the bike) I’d sent them a message via their website and Paul phoned me whilst we were in lock down and I arranged for them to have the bike for a week in the end of May 2020. I can’t remember how I came across them but as the closest tuner to me by some distance I checked out their reviews and took the bike up for them. I’ve been very happy with the results and they delivered on what they promised with bike now cruising at low speeds and pulling cleanly from light throttle loads whilst also being really, really aggressive when in race mode :)
    I don’t know if it’s common to change the rear tyre for dyno use but they put their own on so as not to square off mine which I thought was a nice touch. The only thing that had bugged me a little is they never emailed over the dyno sheet or invoice which is a little annoying when I’m trying to keep paper work organised.
    I’m sure there are ‘better’ or more experienced Ducati tuners around but I’d use them again.

This is my bike off their FB page.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thank you very much mate. I’ve had a read up on them and they look promising.

Cheers, Ian

6. Cheers, Tony. Have done as he’s told me all about it. But also said it might be ok under different circumstances... :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. This popped up on their FB page today…

F08A55CD-3D39-4B23-963C-CF11A290F6D4.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Hey @bettes

I'm off to P3 Tuning on Friday for a visit, taking my ECU to get flashed and mapped to run SC Project / K&N Air Filter on my 1199. If there is anything in particular you want to know let me know and I'll get the information for you.

Thanks
    Gav

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Two friends; one a highly respected Ducati technician in Lancashire and the other who has just put carbs onto an 1100DS engine in a TT frame for track purposes, have nothing but the highest of praise for P3

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Top lads at P3, very knowledgeable and great service. Had my Superduke mapped there and the results were very impressive too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A successful visit to the boys at P3 today. Map has made a positive difference to the power delivery, much smoother through the rev range now and throttle response even better.

Overall a £200 well spent!

D8B69AF5-4079-4081-83D7-F6DC026695D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. I think I was quoted £400 odd. How long did they have the bike for and am glad you’re happy with the results.
    Ian

14. Hi Ian, they provide two services:

1. ECU Flash £200
    2. Dyno £395

I went for option 1 with the view of seeing how the mapping improved the bike before the need to commit to option 2. I’m happy with the results so no need for a specific dyno run which means I saved myself some money.

With it only being a flash of the ECU i was able to take the ECU there personally and have them flash the it while I waited. They also offer a postal service for option 1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I used CJS nr Bristol full akra 212bhp at the wheel £400.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi @Gav1199s, have you had time to ride the bike with the mapped ecu fitted in anger yet?

Got the bike booked in with them 1st week of September for a full re map and the euro emissions crap deleting. Had a long chat with Paul yesterday and he said it shouldn’t be too difficult to get the 1299 ecu working on the 959. Also said the auto blipper shouldn’t be a problem to tune in. Can’t wait to see how much better they can make it… I de catted the exhaust, removed the exhaust valve completely and also removed the secondary air bleeds. Bike still runs ok, not bad on tick over but is definitely down on power atm.

Ian

#17 bettes, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hi Ian,

Yes thankfully the weather has been good enough to get out on the bike last month, shame about now! Managed to get the bike around Snowdonia in the warm sunshine and the bike rides great! so much improvement from the updated map, power delivery is smooth and doesn't 'hunt' as much as it did prior the map change. Fuel consumption is up which let's face it we don't buy these bikes to save money on fuel right?! and the sound of the bike is much better, sounds much smoother. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Here is a clip of the bike running the new map, should show you how much smoother the bike is running with the updated map, having to short shift most gears as the power delivery is so good.

Thanks
    Gav

#18 Gav4R, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Cool video, Gav. Thanks for sharing. As soon as I get mine done and all’s good, we’ll pop over to north Wales for a quick spin. Never been there on the bike. :)

Thanks again, Ian

19. You’re welcome, and would be great to have you visit North Wales, can take you on some on the not so publicised roads around Snowdonia national park.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information