1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddle Boarding

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Biot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Thinking of dipping my toe (sic) in to the above.
    Anyone on here doing it? Tips, do’s dont’s etc etc.
    TIA

2. I hear they're owned by people with Drones and electric scooters.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Just now tidying all my windsurfing gear and I've a couple of paddle boards too but I'm not a big sup,er I also wakeboard so have spent my life in water or on a bike !! Head to a local introduction make sure you like it and the progress is up to you ! Its a lovely peaceful pastime ! A lot more quiet than a 1299 on full chat !! PS I f##king hate drones and electric scooters :p

DSC_0532.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  4. They just seem to be those who love a fad, are paddle boarders.

"Oooo, look at me..."

5. Yea there's a massive of its the thing to be seen doing but that happens with most new sport's ! It was the same with windsurfing gobshites driving around london in the 80,s i think they were called yuppies o_O? Anyway why let that put anyone off try anything once :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. One of my friends was one of the first in the U.K. to paddleboard. He is a surfer and prior to that a windsurfer. Living on the south coast he took up paddleboarding in the 1990s due to the lack of reliable surf. In 2010 he was part of the first relay team to paddleboard across the English Channel. Aged 48 he was in the British team at the 2018 paddleboard world championship in Hainan and came 10th (I think) in the SUP Surf category. For more info about paddleboarding you could check out the British Stand Up Paddle Association (BSUPA). If you want to know more about the best way to start paddleboarding, the best gear for a beginner, etc. just PM me and I will ask my friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Where do you put the petrol -in the board or the paddle?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. 2 of my ducati friends paddle board they love it

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have the Broads on my door step, so to speak. (Fnarr fnarr).
    So will try a session and go from there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have loved the look and idea of paddle boarding ever since we were over in Wells a few years back. Funnily enough I've been looking where I can do it locally, very recently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I fancy a do at Microlighting.. Just wanted to throw that one in.. Id have a do at paddle boarding

12. Standing on a lolly stick, with a cotton bud, in the sink.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. I saw a stag do doing paddle boarding in Bath canal last year, that was quite funny. They were all soaked.

14. And in a paper aeroplane

15. Paddle boarding is boring as fcuk.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. yea you were on a canal once ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. No mate, I grew up by the sea and still spend lots of time there. I'm also lucky enough to have this.
    There's nothing to do paddle boarding except stand up and move very very slowly up and down and over and back.

DSC_0324.JPG

18. The world is full of camels sat in arm chairs...:rolleyes:
    Done quite bit of this over the last few years. IMO - rivers are better than a lake (which can be a bit dull IME, but a good place to start). I go on the Thames around Lechlade.
    Attempt to stand as soon as you can, I found it quite easy to get my balance, however, it is hard on your feet as they need to be keep pretty still. Watch for boats coming the opposite way, as these can easily rock you off when a newbie, so straddle the board till they pass.
    Give it a try, great fun while the weather is good...:cool:

#19 Nelson, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. I have a drone!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information