1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddle Boarding

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Biot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Whatever floats your boat !!

2. There's a regular where I go who takes his dog for a ride.

3. Went for a breakfast at Aldeburgh for 09:00 before it got stupid hot (was on Pani).
    Sea was very calm and a lovely 23C. Good P/Board weather.

1DCD6CC5-8868-436D-BFE7-2D05E6461AC5.jpeg

C478B47B-0D8B-4F64-AFCC-F308061513B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. This thread has kicked me into action. I've just got in touch with Redesmere sailing club (just down the road from me) to find out how to try a taster session with them.
    I've been meaning to try this for years.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Will be booking a session at Horning on the Broads in a few weeks.
    Sink or swim time:D

• Like Like x 3
  6. We have two ISUP’s.
    A naish and a starboard,it is a nice thing to do if you want to cool down now in this hot wheather.
    Most of the time i do it at a lake at 600 meter from where i live or at the sea.
    At the sea it is not as easy as you would think.
    Last week we had them with use to the ardennen where you could use them on a river,that was anice experience.

Henk!!!

• Agree Agree x 1

7. I`m sure you will enjoy it. Being in unpolluted fresh water is really good for the mind & body (unless you drown of course) and I really recommend it ( not drowning ).
    Mrs Dukesox & I regularly kayak in the River Ouse just north of Bedford. We have found a fantastic stretch of clear clean water and we generally take the dogs and a picnic & make sure we have a good swim as well as the kayaking. Noticeably more paddle boarders around than a few years ago including one or two that take their dogs.
    You`ll be surprised how close you can get to the wildlife and its a lovely tranquil way to spend time.

Gratuitous picture of Louis the Poodle and Lola the mongrel kayaking last year included.

IMG-20190728-WA0004.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looking briefly into the upgrade... found the micro-skiff

2day adventure

9. nah thats the old man version !! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. While contemplating passing out in the heat today at Donington I found myself thinking of this pic and wishing I was out on the water instead!

Was a watersports instructor briefly a long time ago and when I realised I had to get a proper job I always promised myself I wouldn’t give up playing around on the water.

Life is what happens while you are making other plans! 20 years later and I occasionally go kayaking but that’s about it!

Seriously miss it looking at your kit laid out like that!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I pick and choose my days, I'm windsurfing since I'm 9 so 35ish years sailing so it takes a special day to get me to the beach but I always feel at home when I'm on the water gives me a happy buzz for a week its like been a biker ! You will always be a biker when you see somebody doing what you used to do it pulls at the heart strings I spent around 9 years off road bikes it used to break my heart on a sunny day when a biker would pass me in the family wagon with 3 young kids !! I love a good sail on holiday so i make sure i get a good fix then !! Good luck on getting wet again !!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bookmarked this site jetsurf, great share.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information