1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Protection Film

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Justatad, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Hi all, after just purchasing a mint Honda VTR 1000 sp1 , I’m wanting to protect the paintwork against stone chips , I’ve bought helicopter tape off eBay in the past for other bikes, but the width it’s available in means it’s only really suitable to protect fork legs, front mudguards
    Is there anything out there people are using that comes in wider lengths?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I was looking for the same thing. But i have read that after Some time you Will see yellow edges etc?

3. I have it on all my bikes and never had any issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is it easy to apply it on the bike by yourselfe?

5. If you have patience

6. Ok, it looks good and it is a cheap solution. Is it better to apply when the paint is new or

7. I’ve only ever done it on new bikes.

8. No. Is it fuck. You'll end up ripping your shirt off and going green.

• Like Like x 2
  9. This ^^^^^

10. Hardest thing in the world to apply correctly....that is proper self healing film.....I'll be doing Ducatis bikes people once I get the templates from Xpel.....DO NOT confuse this with any other film on the market currently available....it is the Ultimate self healing film.....

11. Rob, I think some times people confuse protective tape such as heli tape , with kits such as the venture kits and then the Self healing film, could you explain the differences?

12. This is what I’m having installed on my corse when it comes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is this the same or simelar with the venture shield kit?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have an Expel Stealth kit on my white Supersport, looks great but get it proffessionaly fitted, if the bikes worth protecting it's worth having it fitted properly. Havent ever seen any issues with this or venture shield, even after time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information