1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Red5xJudge, May 2, 2017.

1. Thanks for the tips. I have to say for some reason it's not a job I'm looking forward to. Got a missed call from the installer so I'll give him a call later and see what gives. :) Thanks again for the advice, I appreciate it. :upyeah:

2. Cheers. Based on the feedback I will go with the Ventureshield and have someone fit it. Thanks

3. When I was 18 yr. old I was fascinated with cars since the day my father gave me chuchi(named of my first car) though, its more than 2 year old now i tried to make over chuchi(my car) but the paint didn't last long its in good fate that my uncle from Brisbane sent package including this ceramic paint protection and I used it on chuchi and it was amazing it helps a lot and saves my pennies more.

#23 Sophie Taylor, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  4. I have PPF fitted to my 1299, actually makes washing the bike easier. It is expensive, but well worth it.

5. I'll chuck my two penny worth in if i may?

I considered cermaic coating but it's not designed to protect the bike from stone chips and that's generally what i was after. The bike spends 90% of it's life in the garage, 9% being cleaned by me to OCD levels and 1% being ridden!!

I bought my bike, a brand new RSV and it cost me £19k. It's one of only 3 in the country and i want it keeping prestine.

I opted for full PPF bespoke protection i.e. taking it to a professional and asked them to protect everything he could. The PPF is self healing. Cost is £575. The bike's with him now and should be complete Wednesday.

6. This would all be a lot less necessary if Ducati applied ClearCoat / lacquer to their 'lesser' models.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information