1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pairing Keys With New Dash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by BrassFlute, Mar 19, 2019.

1. In short not a lot - I was expecting a count down when I powered it for pairing but don’t get a countdown so not sure what else to do

2. It most likely needs the key learning procedure activating using the diagnostics equipment. Trip to your nearest dealer.

3. That makes sense but... I was at the dealer yesterday and they got nowhere - it appears they were trying the old code card in the new dash and it wouldn’t accept it. They said code card must be wrong and i’d need a new ecu and a new lock set! The thing is I thought the code was stored in the dash not the ecu so not surprised the new dash doesn’t accept the old code.

4. Ok. On the EVO, the key programming sequence should be..... Push the mode switch up and hold. Turn the ignition on. Once the screen comes on, use the mode switch to select "REPR" and then hold the mode button down for a few seconds. You should then be able to enter the 5 digit code off your card. Pushing down cycles the digit up, pushing the mode switch up, confirms and moves to next digit. Once all 5 are in, you should then see "PRO" on the screen. Key off and when you next turn the ignition back on, you should get the countdown. Once the countdown starts, key off and then use the second key. Key off again and then finish the programming with the first key. You only get a 3 second countdown, so you need to be nimble.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks for that:) - I’ll give it a whirl although have the feeling the new dash will ask for a code but we will see... I’ll keep you posted - in big smoke today so will have to wait until tomorrow:-(

6. right, see post #12

7. I get to the key Program step but C95012AD-EEDA-4A93-A3BE-80D77C5C382F.jpeg
    it asks for a code and won’t accept the code for the original dash. I love my hyper but this experience has been painful and I’m not so sure the next bike will be a duke. The Dealer solution to a failed dash of a new dash (expensive but ok) plus new lock and keys and a new ecu (mouth watering price) even when I have both keys and the card code is taking the piss. So it’s off to Carmo Electronics who can hopefully resolve.

8. Feel your pain... :/

9. I have been following this thread but do not know if I can help. My experience is with bikes that use the red key. On those bikes the 5 digit bypass code is calculated from the last five digits of the red key hexadecimal code. I assume you have two black keys. Have you just been using a single key to initiate the programming? I wonder if one of the black keys is the primary and the code card is linked to that key. If you haven’t tried the second black key give it a try. If you have Facebook, look up Riderlogic. He is the go to person when it comes to Ducati Dashes. Try dropping him a message. He’s based in Oz though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Thanks Chris. Really appreciated including riderlogic details. I have two keys and that’s a good shout and would have been good to try but both dashes now packaged up and winging their way over to Carmo Electronics in the Netherlands, which was also recommended on the forum. The support from everyone on here is absolutely superb and I just want to shout out a big thanks to all of you!! I’ll post an update when I get the dash back - hopefully in a week or so. In the interim I guess I can use the downtime to get the hyper looking a bit more shiny ready for spring:)

11. We have resolution! So, in summary Carmo Electronics in NL (highly recommended by the way) dropped me a line to say the only thing they could do was cut the new and old dashes apart to swap the old brain to the new dash as it appeared the new dash was already coded to a bike. Having spent £725 on a brand new dash I was understandably reluctant so they parcelled it back and I sent the new dash back to the company I bought it from and they duly replaced it (in Moto / ducati parts uk - superb service). They were perplexed but very supportive. Anyhow, new dash arrived today and I paired it with the keys in under a minute. Possible explanation is that the first new dash had been returned by someone after they paired it up. An expensive experience in all £725 dash + £100 for ducati to look at it + £150 for carmo + £30 in postage. Then on top of that I bought a carbon tank cover and ncr fuel cap to cheer myself up. Bike now up and running and the new trinkets look great. Thanks for all your support and advice:)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information