1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pamper Session And Ceramic Coat

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Carbon749, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Bike has been away, to be pampered at the Spa (MotorSpa). Full wash, decontamination, machine polish/stage one paint correction and 3 year ceramic coating over everything, including wheels, engine and exhaust. Ceramic coat applied by air brush, to get in to all the parts of the engine, wheels etc etc

Looks better than the day it came out of the factory, paint work is like glass.

First time I’ve had this done, early days, but the initial results are stunning.

Mates “Hardley” Breakout in the background.

The pictures really don’t do justice to the finish.
    26E1810F-5218-4325-B1C5-9B1126E52E3D.jpeg 9BD4CA24-6F3E-4DF1-B0F7-55367A0C88DC.jpeg 3BC8A502-51BF-4160-A652-88A529780101.jpeg 99CC05A0-57C7-4E6A-9117-B852ECF6FCFC.jpeg A1FE6EA3-600E-41C1-9967-52BE195B0C47.jpeg D1FA1FCD-B439-4FB4-A21E-171624FE7DC4.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Looks great.
    What tail tidy do you have on, looks smart. Any chance of a few up close pics...(of the tail tidy :))

3. DIY tail tidy, couldn’t find one I liked that retained the lights, so made my own

I did a write up on it at the time, search the Diavel forum for my posts. Probably better than adding tail tidy stuff to a detailing post

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice bins ;)

looks lovely and a great job

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ll have a look. Thanks bud

• Like Like x 1
  6. How much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. £329 - seems expensive at first, but when you look at the cost of the materials used, and the time taken, it’s not that bad. Maybe some “man maths” in there, but I thought it was worth a try, if it looks this good for 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think that’s reasonable:upyeah:

Where did you have it done?

• Like Like x 1
  9. :upyeah:That looks a great job:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have you got a pic before it was done?

11. To the naked eye, in normal daylight, the bike looked ok ish, typical 1 year old bike that’s done 3,000 mile.

But, under their ultra bright LED lighting, you can see the very fine polishing marks in the tank, and the area that my jeans rub on the tank. All this now looks as smooth as glass and feels silky smooth.

The area were my jeans rub, was easy to see, no need for LED light.

0EF7733A-F9BC-49B6-9F21-110A56A7B3EB.jpeg F64C99C9-6C72-4F2B-A463-0A97531D3DDC.png

#11 Carbon749, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MotorSpa in Swadlincote. They have a Face Book page.

Gary is a biker as well. Very professional service, with lots of aftercare advice etc

There were a couple of Harley’s in there from dealers to be done, gives an example of his customer base. Fully insured, secure unit etc

• Like Like x 2
  13. Time you stuck some fabric softener in with the Levis!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. With regards to aftercare, is it high maintenance (wax and whatnot) or does the usual wipe job (Vulcanet or other) will manage to keep the glassy finish?

• Like Like x 1
  15. completely opposite. Hose pipe to remove the worse, wash with PH neutral shampoo, £9 for a bottle of eBay that will last years as you use a tiny bit each time, dry with specific high thread count microfibre cloth that costs £2.50 from eBay. That’s it.

the notes say, no acidic or TFR style prewash, no wax based products at all.

no direct jet from jet wash, if using a jet wash, stand back and mist the bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you. That does sound interesting.

Another point is durability over the exhaust. Did you bring perfectly clean exhaust pipes or did they have to work on them before applying the ceramic coating treatment ?

Do they recommend this for new bikes or can they also do something with older bikes ?

18. mine is 1 year old with about 3,000 mile on it. I didn’t touch the pipes before. Gary will wash them as part of the process, but not necessarily polish them etc.

recommend for new, or older bikes, doesn’t matter. He does brand new bikes for dealers, or old pride and joys that need a refresh.

coating ok on engine and exhaust, it’s a bike specific formulation that is ok up to 750c.

there are more details, and a deal, should be posted later tonight

• Like Like x 2
  19. I put ceramic coat on the bike myself over the PPF it’s not too difficult looks great but not tried on engine parts

20. the grade of ceramic that Gary applies is a professional application only. The product is only sold to registered detailers.
    Not saying the DIY is not good, but the professional grade is harder when cured and next level finish.

plus the bike is machine polished first, so it’s like applying it to “new” paint without the polish swirls and marks.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information