1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Pani Tank Stripping/cover

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nelson, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Reading some other forums on this, the tanks are not well finished so take quite a lot of work to get looking good after they are stripped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I've seen mixed results too but I've got plenty of time until the spring!

3. this is why the panigale 'R' costs £7k more than an 'S' as it takes an elf 12 months to polish the imperfections out, then scour the brush marks in.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. If I were protecing the tank underneath, I certainly wouldn't use masking tape. Have you ever tried to remove the stuff after it's been on a short while and moisture has affected it. o_O The cover itself looks a decent alternative to an alloy tank and paint job. :upyeah:

#24 Robarano, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2017
  5. Looks good.
    You might have already answered this somewhere but who did it for you/contact details? Was looking to soda blast etc my spare but this looks as good.

6. any good advice for the tank covers to protect the paint underneath?

7. Hi Nathan! No.. On/off with the tankcover is going to wear through the tape and soon tank will look shit. Also you get moisture as mentioned earlier. I gave up and glassblasted it to bare aluminium.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eurotint did mine. It is never going to be as good as the real thing, but most people are surprised it is a wrap, and it is cheap to experiment with.

http://www.eurotint.co.uk/

9. For anyone interested, this was what happened to mine...

Soda blasted, hand sanded, satin lacquered and on.

2018-11-25_11-04-56.jpg

2018-11-25_11-04-30.jpg

2018-11-25_11-03-55.jpg

2018-11-25_11-06-07.jpg

2018-11-25_11-06-25.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information