1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Pani Track Day.. Not The Best Results...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nathanhu, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Here’s a real world example of me at Hungaroring turn1. The actual braking force and TPS isn’t recorded by speed, G and lean angle is.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. You can’t have braked to the apex because you missed it :punch::joy::joy::joy::broken_heart:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. @Air Duck 7:50 onwards is what Keith Code says about settling the suspension and adding throttle.

4. I doubt the google map is lined up accurately because it also shows me riding through the gravel trap :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Hey that’s my line, get your own o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sorry mate - the Disagree was regards trying to view the more modern approach to that of Keith Code as I don't think that's a good idea, in many areas the approaches seem to be at odds with each other.

7. @Ash34 sorry, I think I've had too many knocks to the head

8. After about a week of busy rebuilding the bike and 'work' I think with reflection the following would have been influencing factors-
    *possible dirt/contaminant on the track
    *front end not really set up yet, and I had increased the front compression by 4 clicks prior to going out.
    *I had beaten my PB of 1:50 on the last session down to 1:47​
    so lots to think about I guess, but I have a few months to rebuild the small damage to the bike, the GB racing covers, axle slider, swingarm protector, and DP foot rests took the brunt of the impact and luckily I haven't found any transmitted damage to frame, engine etc.

• Like Like x 2

9. Yes I wondered if it was some fluid on the track as there seems to be a dark line into the corner? Video resolution is a bit low though so it's difficult to tell.

Glad the damage isn't too bad :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. If you watch it really careful the bike quickly drops to the left pauses at the new lean angle then goes about 1/2 a second later. It's like either it slides-grips-slides or there was a sudden increase in lean angle 1/2 second before the crash.

Also, listening careful to the whole thing it sounds like throttle position is being changed on and off through both corners.

11. 2:01 is a very good lap on Hungaroring.:upyeah:

12. 2:01 was the previous lap. This one was a 1:59

• Like Like x 1
  13. I haven't read the thread to the end so this might be covered elsewhere, but I wonder if the EBC settings might help here?

I have mine set to reduce the engine braking effects.

14. I haven't read the thread to the end so this might be covered elsewhere, but I wonder if the EBC settings might help here?

I have mine set to reduce the engine braking effects.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information