1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Panigale 959 Suspension

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Anthony Dobson, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Hello all. Sorry been a member for 12 months but not used forum before.
    Maybe someone could help ? Would I benefit from having my suspension professionally set up to suit me. My bike is a 2017 959 panigale. I use the bike mainly for ride outs and will do 1 track day a year.
    Thanks
    Tony

2. Yes and there is some basic settings in your handbook if your doing a track day there is usually a suspension guy to do set ups through the day on your bike for around 50 quid.

Rich

3. The best thing I’ve done for my 899 was replacing rear shock & getting the front & back suspension set up for my weight - totally transformed the bike

4. Thanks Rich will be booking it in for set up appreciate your advice cheers

6. Thanks mapper899 will be booking it in for set up appreciate your advice
    Cheers

7. Considering it’s what £45 or something to have it done, it’s probably worth it even if it only improves it 10% no?

8. Ye my thoughts mate cheers

9. I got a special deal way back on Black Friday for only £25 to set mine up, just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to get it sorted. Bargain at that price I feel

• Like Like x 1
  10. Who did you use @Gp80, wouldn't mind getting ours done this year...

Would be interested to hear your thoughts after you manage to get out and your experience of whoever you used :upyeah:

11. I was going to use kais suspension in Atherton was recommended by Ducati Manchester.

12. I’m using a company called black and white bikes, they’ve done track day set ups and now doing road bikes and have heard good reports, plus just become k tech main dealers too

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I would recommend getting the rear shock sent to MCT and the valves modified so it flows oil properly. The standard shock suffers from a 'hydraulic lock' over fast bumps making it feel harsh and also making the rear feel a little Vague. I had mine done and then it was lovely, really plush, for £200. My friend has just had his done also, he is 20KG lighter than me and after the first ride immediately noticed how much better it is. Well worth it. Don't go spending £1k on Ohlins unless there are other reasons why you want it such as super heavy track work, or adjustability or just looks, because the standard one re-worked was fine for me and others who have made the same change.

• Like Like x 1
  14. What do you weigh? The answer is definitely yes regardless but if you are more than 10kg either side of 85kg then you should definitely look at getting some springs that are better suited since the bikes are generally designed with ~80-85kg rider in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’m actually doing exactly this, except I sent my shock to traxxion dynamics in the US. Picked up a used 1299 shock for the ride height adjustment and the hand adjustable settings.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I just ordered a ktech rear shock as my OEM one fell to pieces

25572C33-F397-4AF5-A0B5-CE33191C5A09.jpeg
    B42ABF25-521B-44F4-8231-FB7BE482471F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hello all, managed to finally get my suspension set up professionally by K A I S suspension in Atherton (recommended by Ducati Manchester)
    What a fantastic job done, it has transformed my bike. Handling has been transformed. I didn't realise, I had been wrestling with my bike for the past year thinking I just need to get used to it. The job took about 30 minutes while I waited. Would recommend and would recommend K A I S

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It didn't fail completely - that is just a scraper seal apparently. The shock has definitely deteriorated over time though so i sent it back to get redone.

The new shock is way better

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fair enough, I should add for the OP benefit that while I totally endorse getting the Sachs shock modified in terms of the improvement, I still don't think it would stand up to lots of trackday use and long term abuse. I would have been looking at an Ohlins if I was doing loads of trackdays etc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information