1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Panigale 959 Suspension

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Anthony Dobson, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Just been to black and white bikes to get mine set up and what a difference, front end feels like a different bike!
    Best £25 I’ve ever spent!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sounds great, what did they do? Can you post up the settings?

3. Yeah, I would really love to know the settings as well, along with your weight, etc... I would love to have my suspension set by an expert, but given that I live in Bombay, which has a grand total of "0" suspension shops, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

4. Dave moss videos are helpful for guidance. Measuring static sag is the starting point. Then check out his vids on rebound and suspension.

5. i had front and back done on my 899 end of last summer and it's made a huge difference on track (hardly any road miles in that time). I used to struggle to get it to go round corners, well, with any kind of rider control and confidence; but I had the rear shock re-built by MCT and forks rebuilt with springs for my weight by Paul Goodall (at PGP), along with some base settings, and all is now well with the world.

Just back from 4 days at Almeria and I love it again now. The front tyres are still smooth as, but the rear got a bit mashed - with v limited adjustment on the OEM I couldn't dial in the ultimate perfect settings, but that's being picky. Maybe I need to save up for a K-tech shock...

6. Just in case it's of interest I've got a brand new set of Ohlin Forks from a Panigale R and either a slightly gravel rashed or brand new TTX rear shock for sale depending on what stays on the bike. I was originally keeping them in case I damaged mine or got myself a 959 but that hasn't happened. Message me if interested, I'll be looking for just a reasonable market value if I am clearing gear out.

7. Just had it set up by Kais in Atherton. Second time I’ve done it for a new bike I’ve bought a snow second time I’ve come away feeling it’s incredible value for money. Bike feels so much better. Thank you Kais

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have owned the bike for 3 weeks and done several hundred miles in that time. The rear felt solid giving no no feedback. The front was good apart from dropping too quickly at the final part of a turn. Kais backed of the preload on the rear and added more compression and rebound front and back. I’ll see what it’s set at for my 86kg lump and post the settings up.
    THe bike turns more slowly but more progressively and the compliance with the road is much greater with less banging and bucking. I feel much more confident with the bike on it’s side and in slower corners and manouevering too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Assuming it was you I was chatting with yesterday. I finally got away at half five. A long old day but everything done now for the season so should be good to go. Glad your bike feels better, not that I would ever doubt Kais. I trust them totally with anything on my bikes, if Andy says do it then I do it. Looking forward to another season working with him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Dave, lovely to meet you the other day. Enjoyed the 959 chat! Good luck for the season and hope to see you at Oulton. All the best Chris.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information