1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Panigale - Anyone Lost Or Misplaced A Key

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Oct 9, 2016.

1. as above, any idea of procedure to get a new key...

I've heard it's a case of phoning the dealer and asking for a replacement..

Can anyone assist with advice... I hear 'the red key' no longer applies with the new Ducati models.

2. Speak to your dealer. They'll sort it out for you.

3. Any idea on price

I've read anything from £38 to £500 lol

4. £38 inc cutting is about right.

5. My dealer did it FOC. But I got the feeling it was closer to £38 than £500 otherwise they'd have passed the cost on to me.

6. That's a relief

7. Do u still have the master key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I was under the impression both the keys are now the same. Aka black keys. It's the one that came in the folder with the code attached (still have the code) that's gone walkies.

9. For the 1299 both keys are the same. Order a blank from your dealer (not expensive) with chip. Get it cut your self. Then get dealer to add it to the bike (a few minutes of work).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Would assume it'd be the same for the 899/1199. The keys look identical..

11. Yep, I would think so.

12. Quick question regarding 899 keys. What does the code on the plastic tab that comes with the keys actually do, e.g. A1234? Is this used to get a pre-cut and already coded key from Ducati?

I'm a bit annoyed, as the 899 I got last week appears to have had both keys when it arrived at the dealers from the previous owner, but they can't find one of the keys. Thankfully, the one that came with the bike had the plastic tab code attached to it, so I'm sure they did have both, as people tend to use the key that looks less important, so likely this was the key the previous owner kept at home and it doesn't look very used either. (I know they're the same black keys for the 899).

They've offered to order me a new key if they can't find it, but it's an 80+ mile round trip for the few minutes I've heard it takes to program a new key to the lock.

I'm actually quite annoyed about it, as I'm OCD when it comes to things like this and look after my things meticulously, so would prefer them to find the original that came with the bike and save me the trip for their error. I wouldn't mind so much if they were just down the road.

13. The ‘keys’ are supplied blank by Ducati and get cut by the dealers usually (contract job)

Atleast that’s my experience. You won’t notice a difference

• Like Like x 1
  14. I paid about £35 ish for a spare

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did you have one to copy/clone?

16. Yes, I had lost my spare.. Had a new one cut and cloned... Then I found the spare!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I thought the keys were chipped and do a handshake with the ECU? Which means a new key requires programming. Or am I talking shite?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information