1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale Fe. Good Investment?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Oct 5, 2017.

1. I'm waiting for a 2nd Gen R o_O but also need it much cheaper than they are now :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thinking about it, with the current climate and expectations, the FE might not drop in value much due to too much expectation of future value.
    This might mean as people sell they will falsely expect a better return. This in turn propping up the values quite falsely - actually perpetuating a greater real work value anyway.
    Hopefully taking the lime light off the true star, a second Gen 1199R
    That would be nice :cool:

3. Same, but with a D16RR. The minute I find the right one at around 38k€ (and they do exist) I'll snap it up but I won't expect it to double in value any time soon. If and when it does, it'll likely be my kids that reap the rewards 'cos unless something goes drastically wrong, I won't be selling it either!

4. You have one, don’t you ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. No one doubles their money until it’s sold and they factor in the cost of ownership and what else that money could have been used for.

The 80’s bikes are booming. Now 90’s. All determined by middle aged fellas wanting to relive their youth.

This stopped before the 90’s so can’t see bikes in the 2000’s up being of any increasing value at all unless special provenance, eg ex-Chaz WSBk

6. 999R's have practically doubled...

7. Not until sold ;) and depends if you bought fir 20k new..,,

8. I'm talking prices a few years ago to prices now, I see you are starting to agree :):upyeah:

9. Don't forget to factor in eenaflaytion or inflation in common parlance. Relativity extends to finance. 16k 20 yrs ago, is?... I dunno. I'd quote some made up figure, but some smartass money disciple will go all Godon Gekko on me and quote FT Indexes. Or something equally eye glazing. Where was i?...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. You've got a point. Especially with the eye glazed comment

11. I can only agree. I bought my ex-Lorenzo 999R back in when was it? August?
    999Rfacture.jpg

12. I missed one a fed months back for similar money - sold within an hour of listing on Ebay, I was the second caller. Dealer had followed a 'trade price guide' that was out of kilt with the market. It was back on Ebay within the day by another dealer for thousands more and sold within a couple of weeks.
    Cracking buy you got there :) Is there many over there going cheap? :)

13. I think it’s just Brits are stupid and believe hype. Gullible race we are.

14. That's the third one I've bought in Germany, all from long standing Ducati agents and all far less money than you guys over there seem to pay. It helps that I can speak the language, am a known cash buyer and being on the continent can just jump in the van and go so I tend to get offered bikes before they hit the open market. I've had some fantastic bikes offered this last few months and I'm sure I could make a living 'flipping' them if I wasn't so busy with my real job (read, if I could get away with it)!

#75 JoeC, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. You guys do seem to pay top dollar and as I've commented before it will likely get worse post your EU exit, own currency, isolationist government, crappy trade deals etc. That's not a politically motivated observation, just simple macro economics!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The values of FE's will depend massively on how good the V4 is
    If the v4's a load of crap, the fe will be a good buy for those after the last of the great vtwin engine
    If it's amazing (which I expect it will be), it's not like the panigale series vtwin's cleared up in racing, so they won't hold much attraction to collectors

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anyone checked the prices of 996 Sennas lately, or 998 Final Editions or the 2000 model MH 900ie, all designed as collectable bikes, I think all kind of failed.
    Then again the Sport Classics for some reason have shot up in value, I remember seeing a pair of signed Paul Smart 1000's about 9 years ago for nearly half the price they would fetch now, $17k or so at a dealers here in Sydney. Proves one thing, that the collectable market is fickle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I sold my MH900E about 2 months ago for what could be called a 'very handsome price'.Like all these 'highly collectable bikes' you need a combination of factors to make a worthwhile profit on your purchase.
    If I was into 'Investment bikes',there are still quite a number of affordable machines out there for the discerning and savvy collector that I would purchase if I was a lot younger.

19. Good luck to you Mervyn, I've always loved the look of these MH900e's but somehow I've never managed to sell my 1981 900MHR kickstart original to buy one.
    Having owned a 2000 model 900ss I'd prefer that for touring/sport riding and lounge room riding for MH900e. Maybe that explains the small tank on the MH, lots of laps of lounge rooms for how many litres is it? 12 I think, or less?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information