1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale R “improvements”

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by ibgarrow, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Evotech

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. thanks mate, im really pleased with it, just need to ride it more.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I bought one thinking 'R' stood for Reverse!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I got some Sako? Sake?, Saxo? bar ends on my 1299. Theyre pretty neat. Cant remember the damned name. I think i may be senile. They have a long bar inside too to dampen vibes. Combined with my grip puppies, I dont get numb fingers as often over long distances as I used to. Sato! thats it. https://satoracing.com/handlebarends_ducati.htm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Another fan or the oberon slave cylinder.

Rearsets are a good mod imo. CNC Racingn ot DP Performance look the buinsess and quality is amazing.

6. Translogic QS. Dump the oem unit as they are sub par with the rest of the bike.
    Also found the RCS 17 master cyl to be a worthwhile improvement for track riding, along with bigger rads for cooling if you plan lots of track time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. im planning on doing this to mine

8. Think I need to make a shopping list for my pani now :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hello, Greg here, an American enjoying your insightful forum from across the pond in Austin, TX USA. Hoping somebody knowledgable here can school me a bit on the various 1199 "R" generations. I'm looking at a possible purchase of a 2015 Panigale R. I've been warned off the R models, mainly due to them lacking the standard "2" compression rings on the pistons. As I understand it, the standard Panigales have 2 compression rings and 1 wiper ring per piston. The Rs have only one compression ring, and the one wiper. Is this a fact? This setup tends to lead to oil blow-by into the airbox, and premature failure in the engine. Fact or not? But finally----I'm now understanding the the gen. 2 R, which the 2015 is, has the standard 2 compression rings. Does this bring it into the realm of normal-maintenance Panigales?

Can anybody confirm or deny any of the above? My goal is to avoid purchase of a ticking time bomb, or at minimum a more maintenance-intensive Panigale. The R REALLY appeals to me---I'm be 80% street/20% track---I'm in COTA's backyard ya know! Austin has some wonderful curvy roads, looking to augment my 2015 R1 with an Italian beauty. I've had a couple 1098s before but ready to move into a more modern Ducati--. Thanks in advance for any wisdom bestowed!

Greg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information