1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale R Gen 2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Biggest one is the gen 2 is essentially the same engine as the SL. I think they may have altered something in geometry as well to get more weight in the rear

2. Manual suspension MkII?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes

4. Afaik (which isn’t a lot before the trolls start) the gen 1 is really an S with some fancy bolt on bits. Gen 2 is a genuine r based bike: different engine and some chassis components. And he last of the v twin specials :upyeah:

#44 bradders, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. You could also add the gen 2 R wears the 1299 body work, up/down QS and different ECU. The ECU wasn’t upgraded to have the 1299’s slide settings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that as standard, ie you can tell a gen 1 and 2 apart easily in standard trim?

7. Yes as standard. The ali tank and the rear seat fairing look different on gen 2. The air inlets by the front lights are slightly different. Also the gen 2 has halogen rather than LED front lights (excuse was they weight less).

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Full white number board on the nose too.

My understanding was
    • SL spec engine with titanium valves on the exhaust, gen 1 was on the inlet only.
    • Different paint design on the nose, tail and tank
    • Better electronics
    • No electronic suspension adjustment
    • QS and down blipper
    • Called a Panigale R, not 1199 Panigale R

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gen 1
    [​IMG]

Gen 2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Brill, so easy to spot the different in a pic

11. Gen 2 came with a factory fitted Akra (non removable baffle), gen 1 came with a standard road exhaust plus a Termi end can in a separate box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes - Gen 1 the alloy on the tank comes lower with a Black Ducati Logo on the alloy part - Gen two has white log on the red paint on the tank...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. lead4-2014-ducati-1199-panigale-r.jpg panigale-r-tank.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ah, and hello Mr Calvin Klein :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. That's pricey yes, difficult to tell if they will drop further or not. Similar bikes could be had for around £22k last year. Never saw any as low as £20 with that mileage. Traditionally R Ducati's generally dropped to half value before rising - but I don't think that will happen with these puppies :thinkingface:
    Worth waiting to see what V4 PCP's flush out, but may not be as many as you might think...

• Like Like x 1
  16. That will knock a bit off the value - avoid :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information