1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale R Gen 2

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bradders, Jan 19, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. I must say it's not my favourite and I can't comprehend the justification of the price premium?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bang on :upyeah:

Normally first to the bar or coffee wagon tho ;)

3. I thought the first one was fairly reasonable. The FE needs a bit of a haircut though!

4. I think you will find the Final Edition engine is based very much on the 1299sl engine and a lot better than the standard 1299, claimed 209bhp :upyeah:

5. Was there an SL 1299 engine? Thought it was 1199 SL2? So FE is simply a 1299s with bolt ons?

6. The 2017 1299 Superleggera was a 1299. The 1299R FE engine is based on the 2017 1299 Superleggera but without the exotic internal engine components. The FE also benefits from the 1299SL sophisticated electronics. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yes the sl2 had the under seat Akras , sl1 had the under belly Akras , the final edition was a poor mans sl2 or some may say a wise mans.

8. It had its fair share or engine components but not quite all.

9. So the Gen 2 R has the exotic SL1 Engine components, but the 1299R FE has the SL2 engine without the exotic internals? Does this mean it's a 1299S based engine then - genuine question btw. Trying to define if Gen 2 R engine is higher spec than 1299R FE :thinkingface:

10. Titanium con-rods and valves, crankshaft with tungsten counterweights, 116 mm piston with only 2 segments, optimised intake ducts, camshafts with increased lift, throttle body with aerodynamic butterfly valves, differentiated intake trumpet height for front and rear cylinders and racing air filter, guarantee incredible peak power of 209 hp at 11,000 rpm and 14.5 kgm (104.7 lb-ft) of torque at 9,000 rpm.

Essential Desmo

Racing exhaust

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. The final edition engine spec is bloody impressive as I said basically a poor mans Sl2

12. With Exige in this one, I thought it was simply a 1299 engine and nothing more special.

13. I had read actually that it was an SL2 Engine but wasn't sure as I'd heard varying levels of spec, not sure if the Gen 2 R was 'as' special or not :thinkingface: but as I have one we'll say it was o_O
    Still, the Gen 2 R is the best of the last of the proper R's :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information