1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale R Pillion Seat And Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Makarra, May 22, 2017.

1. I hear ya fella, it's just that in my case I tend to do a bit of touring through Europe taking the long way around en route down to Spain to stay with friends and family, sometimes several months at a time, hence the extra luggage. I know I could just ship any extras down south on a plane or something, although if I'm honest, those that know me best say that I have a little habit of sometimes doing things the slightly harder way ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have both bikes, not sure if I'll get a chance to find the pillion seat but if I do then I'll try it.

3. No sweat and don't go out of your way as odds on it looks as if it should be a fit!

4. Have a look at ventura kit. I got the siderails s/h for my 999bip and made a rack so that I can fit throwover panniers.

5. A pillion seat will fit a r as it's listed as a accessorie on the Ducati website.

6. Appreciate the message mister, although I'm struggling with even just getting it verified that foot peg hangers can be attached to my Pani R, so I suspect siderails would likely be an issue. DO your side rails attach to the underside of the subframe? Just today I spotted some SW-Motech panniers which I think are the only ones on the market that come with a supporting bracket that attaches to the holes in the underside of the subframe for the foot peg assembly (although the bolts might not fit due to a possible clearance issue which I am researching still). If it all fits they look like a good option as the bracket keeps the panniers away from the tail fairing. I have Oxford Panniers already but looking for some sort of solution that'll avoid me completely wrecking the tail unit!

7. image.jpg IMG_5550.JPG IMG_5551.JPG The side rails for my 999 fit to the pillion footrest rear bolt and a bracket that slides under the subframe and uses 2 bolts that secure rear bodywork. Without the rack I couldnt fit the panniers as the seat tapers at the back and they also needed to go further back.
    Rack is made from 15mm scrap copper. The fittings fit into the siderails perfectly.

8. Nice machine and i think that those are exactly the same panniers that I'm aiming to fit to mine albeit in black, although I suspect it'll be a trickier task in my case!

9. Hi, Did you manage to get a pillion seat for your pani 1199r? I have already got 2 seats; the first one is from ebay with foot pegs, the pegs fit but the seat did not. I then ordered another one from the dealer. After giving them the reg number of the bike they assured me that they could get me the proper seat. Two weeks later it arrived and it did not fit so I returned it . Even the dealer got it wrong so I am interested to know if any one has managed to get a pillion seat for this bike.

10. Hey Emile! I don't have the pillion seat yet although I think I need a 1299 one as I have a Pani R 2015... if you have the 1199R 2014 or earlier then you might need a 1199 seat, although I really am taking a guess there!!

#32 Makarra, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  11. I think it's difficult because you'd need to be a lunatic to be a pillion on an 1199R so people only need them to carry luggage haha

12. My Pani 1199R is a late 2015.One of the senior engineers at the dealers told me that there is no pillion seat for this bike.
    The seat I got from them and returned its s/n 96797210B
    The one I got from eBay and still have its s/n 59521091A
    STILL LOOKING

13. Is that the seat from the 1299 or 1199 Emile? I'm sure the tail unit is identical on the new 1199R and 1299??

14. I think it fits the 1299 and the older 1199R but not the 2015 1199R.
    The 2015R has been upgraded/modified to make it lighter. The tail end looks the same but it is slightly shorter and narrower.

15. If there's no pillion seat for the newer Pani R then that's bad news for me... and maybe you too Emile! Not giving up just yet either though... I just want to make sure, the 1199R that you have looks like the bike in my profile picture with the white panel on the front, right? Ducati's website quotes that it's a single seater... although my logbook says "number of seats - 2"...

16. 20170529_165821.jpg 20170529_165806.jpg
    So Emile's last post has motivated me to head on over to the top secret bunker location where I keep my bike and here are some snaps with the cowling removed. Upon closer inspection, I am now thinking that a 1299 seat might not fit as there is a considerable distance between the highest point of the exposed tail fairing and the bottom where the seat would connect up to the locking mechanism. I've never had a 1299 seat up close in the flesh but I can't imagine how it would be possible for it to slot in width wise even with the tail unit winglets removed...

17. Yes we have the same bike and to be quite honest even the dealers are confused whether it can or can not have a pillion seat. The logbook says 2 seater, their computer says 2 seater and they thought they got me the right pillion seat but it did not fit .
    I am just wondering as with all the new modifications on this bike to make it lighter, the tail end may not be strong enough to carry a passenger and hence no pillion seat . I hope I am wrong as it is handy to have for the odd occasion .

18. The 1299 pillion seat definitely will not fit on your or mine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information