1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Aug 29, 2023.

1. My new to me Panigale r arrived today. Despite having a full main dealer service history, I have found broken brackets, cross threaded fasteners, incorrect fasteners fitted and missing fasteners and that was just from removing the fairings in preparation for fitting some new parts. The bike will be awesome and brought back to the correct standard soon though and I’m looking forward to getting out on it though.
    IMG_8434.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  2. Welcome to the v2 Pani R club. The downpipes are Ti and will come up nicely coloured once the crud is cleaned off them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome to the pani r club.

There awesome bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Full dealer history obviously doesn't prevent ham fisted previous owners from messing with it!
    Hope it's nothing too bad and you'll sort it out easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, it’s in need of a lot of TLC to get it up to standard. I’m sure it will live up to the hype. Coming from various other Ducatis including a V2 panigale it should feel familiar but better..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You’ve got to love the weekend mechanic or even the odd trainee. I much prefer doing my own servicing as I have time and patience, plus 35 years of experience too. There’s nothing I’ve found so far that is going to dampen my excitement though.

7. Sounds like @bradders :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Enjoy the new bike. They are quite simply awesome. Said the previous owner of one :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Or the owners of bikes I buy ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Lovely bike.

Main dealers still employ technicians that might not be 100% careful with someone else's pride and joy.

My experience over the years with all manner of trades is that you get exceptionally skilled and conscientious people occasionally and exceptionally unskilled and uncaring occasionally, and that every else sit’s somewhere in the middle.

It can also vary depending on how good a day an individual is having, what’s going on in their life.

Unfortunately the only way you can guarantee 100% good service is to do it yourself - then you can take full responsibility when you inevitably fuck up despite taking every care possible!

The true mark of a great tradesperson is to admit you fucked up and put it right rather than hiding it and hoping the customer doesn’t notice until it’s too late and you can plausibly deny responsibility. Unfortunately that seems to becoming and rarer and rarer occurrence in today’s society.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. We doing another wrap?

12. Not on this one mate. Keeping it all original.

13. Did you pinch mine?
    (Welcome to the R Factor Club) 00904FB3-EB7A-486A-A85A-01CC73A5C79F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Possibly now I've got the comfort seat :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. After a few weeks I’ve managed to fit most of my parts to make the bike a little different. I’ve only got a SITTA sprocket carrier and chain to fit but that can wait. Plus I’m looking a a set of spare fairings and tank ready for next year and mirror block offs with indicators. Probably going to replace the paint protection film after having the tank and fairings professionally polished.
    So far I’ve fitted
    DP swingarm cover
    DP alternator cover
    DP tail tidy
    Spider rearsets
    TWM brake and clutch levers
    Brembo smoked reservoirs

Need some dry weather now
    IMG_8484.jpeg IMG_8488.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tail tidy is a must mate I got evo tech one on mine.
    20230901_131229.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. I've just fitted the spider shock mount on mine too .

18. Does that make a difference. Have you changed the chain and sprockets? Nice wheels too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Yeah it's got supersprox on there

Hpk discs front and alth rear

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not sure if anyone has shared this before, appols if they have.

Shakey want's (one like) your Panigale gen 2, V2R. Link below to the spot where he mentions it on the timeline at 8:30s YouTube

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information