1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale Round Australia... Great Read.

Discussion in 'Touring' started by MaxDec10, Jan 18, 2018.

• Like Like x 2
  1. But why though?

I could paint a cat with a screwdriver but I’m not going to. I’ll use a paint brush instead.

#negativenancy

2. Ridiculous, but a cool adventure. I wouldn't do it again but it's surprising how much enjoyment you can get even with a load of luggage on the back, but four fuel/water tanks is taking the biscuit.

Great advertisement for a Panigale though. His started with 44,000km on the clock and rode 17500km around Australia!

3. Regardless, it's one hell of an achievement and as Royal says... Ducati Oz must be well pleased as this is a great PR/Marketing piece.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm on my second half of Ireland later this year. I'll contact Ducati Dublin to see if I can get any form of sponsorship
    :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. Driven most of that route by car except the western coast section. Shame he didn't go up the middle as well. That's one lonely road. But sod riding through the outback at night, even the Nullabor plain. Kangaroos travel at night at speed and they don't stop for roads or headlights. That's what all those roo bars are for on trucks. So many people come to grief travelling through the outback after dark.

Cool idea though. I met an English guy in Cairns who shipped his VFR 800 to Aus from the UK to do a grand tour.
    Also met a Harley Sportster on the road between Alice Springs and Tennent Creek. God know's where he was going or where he was going to get petrol...

It proves the Pani's subframe is strong. It must have wheelied well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information