1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale Street Fighter On Its Way?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ducati worx, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Heard a few rumors coming from Italy, that a Panigale streetfighter is in the pipeline.

Has anyone else heard anything.?

V4 or V-twin?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just been informed it will be a V4 streetfighter... happy days..

Just put my name down on one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wonder what the time scale is on it would be....I'm thinking of a Monster 1200R this year but a V4 streetfighter sounds much sexier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I would ave thought a V4 Streetfighter is a certainty. There cant be too many bikes that will be suitable for a V4.

5. Cant see how its any less suitable than an IL4? Slimmer, possibly lighter, plenty of power & torque :upyeah:

6. let's hope it's more popular then the 1098 version was for Ducati's sake......

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. From what I have been told naked V4 got the green light way before the Pani was released. That thing will be bad arse. Cant wait to see what it looks like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was thinking more in Ducatis range, probably I didn't word it very well. A V4 Streetfighter almost makes more sense than a Panigale V4. If it looks as good as the last Streetfighter I would want to be at the front of the queue, cost permitting.

9. Ducati are a sportsbike brand though, first & foremost. But Tuonos seem to fly off the shelf :upyeah:

10. Depends on their pricing for me.

At a push a list price of £15k and I'd consider one, ideally less with basic suspension that I can switch out for better stuff

11. I feel that maybe Ducati didn't want to rush it this time having got burnt twice before. The sport classic was a bike ahead of it's time... look at the amount of retro stuff out there now! and the Streetfighter was no different to the Tuono, only it came out a lot earlier. Maybe they didn't want to rush it this time.

12. Given a tuono is close to 20k, I’d expect ducati to be 18-24k

13. They should have brought out a 1299 SF when they had the chance. KTM were ruling the roost in the lairy stakes when they brought out the 1290 SDR and Ducati had the engine that was a direct competitor sitting in front of them and did nothing about it.
    Technically the Tuono Factory is the best supernaked out there but lots of road riders, myself included, bought the less refined Superduke because for real life road riding they preferred the gnarly grunt of a V-twin. Why Ducati turned up its nose at a slice of this top-end supernaked market is a mystery.

Good to hear they might be reserrecting the Streetfighter but if they're going to abandon V-twin supersports bikes, why not offer a V-twin supernaked option as well? Seems madness to kill off the 1299 engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tuono base (RR) is £13,600 RRP and in recent times usually discounted to £13,000 by "progressive" dealers, even at the height of the season.
    Tuono Factory RRP is £16,000 but less chance of discount in the Spring/Summer. When Autumn/Winter arrives, then pre-reg offers abound. It's the Aprilia way. Spose Ducati don't need to do that sort of thing unless getting rid of run out models.

15. that is the big difference. You can get 3k of a Factory tuono at the right time. You're lucky too get 3k off rrp at a dealer even if the bike is used and 18 months old!

16. I hope Ducati dont kill off the v-twin. I aint interested in a v4. I like twins. The v4 is a fat pug ugly bike. Part of Ducati's charm for me is the svelte skininess from the front. I love the narrow look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That pic Robo posted of the V4 tidy, just looks like the supersport. Styling on the standard bike is awful and not seeming to get any better the more I see it.

But then, I always though the T9 was mega ugly and (except the R or with a good paint scheme) I still think it is ;)

18. I think already answered but nope, Just less than £16k list price for the factory ohlins jazzy one, easily obtained for less. They're base is more than good enough and that's £13k or so

Wouldn't pay anymore for a Ducati v4 model either, you'd need your head checked if you spent £18-24k on a naked ducati imo

19. Maybe I was confusing with the V4R but I was sure the factory was 18k down to 15 at OYB

Do Not Sell My Personal Information