1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale To Be Replaced?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Aug 14, 2016.

1. German magazine Motarrad reporting that the 1299 will be replaced by a new bike next year as it wont pass Euro 4 rules.

2. 959 type exhaust. Job jobbed :)

3. Yep
    1L engined replacement q3 17

4. Finally a v4?!

• Like Like x 1
  5. So I'm told

6. Motociclismo said the 959 and 1299 are the last Superquadro engined superbikes.

They later mentioned V4 1L with eyes on regaining WSBK crown.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I really hope not.......

8. Be keeping mine then

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Makes sense it will be replaced.....i wasnt too sure why they built the 1299 being honest.

V4 makes sens,e if Aprilia can make a good fist of it, why not ducati.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was told that the 1199 was rushed out to seal the Audi takeover deal. The 1299 was the bike they always had in mind as the successor to the 1198.

11. yeah, heard same, rush job...kind of does make sense it was a yr or so early...but still.

Looking at RSV's on the web last night :fearscream:.....i know shame on me :sunglasses:

12. The Panigale "Evo" will meet Euro-4 requirements.

Here's a pic I took as it left the factory back in July:
    [​IMG]

Project 1503 is still in engine development and will not be ready until MY2018 at the earliest.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sketchy looking pic that, looks like he almost bogged down and dropped it with his leg off...

so whats the config Antonye?

14. I'm not sure I understand how anyone can think that picture is something other than a panigale testing some small tweaks. It doesn't have any visual differences to the model launched already and could well have actually been the anniversary model just trying the altered geometry and software settings.

I agree, I think we are a few years away from a total replacement, I think next years 1299 will have some underseat pipe arrangement and be tweaked for Euro 4. It is likely to be heavier so personally if I was in the market I would have gone and bought a 1299 around now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. why dont people enjoy what they've got now instead of worrying what might be round the corner all the time?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I never worry what's round the corner. Unless it's sex people. I've read the papers. They're round all of the corners...waiting.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. That doesn't look any different to the 2016MY to me

I think the 1299 will remain with euro 4 tweeks similar to 959.

18. Trellis frames - Gone
    Belt driven cams - Gone
    V-twin engines - Gone.

There will be no desire to by new Ducati's soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Way ahead of you there. There's nothing in the current range that I want. And the direction Ducati has been heading in for the past few years doesn't reassure me that things will change all that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Don't forget the dry clutch

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information