1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale To Be Replaced?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Aug 14, 2016.

1. and untrue of course. But don't let the truth get in the way eh.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pretty much what @DTScooby said to be honest. Don't know any more than that. :) Only got 250 miles on the last one.. lol

3. I put a deposit down just in case I talk myself into it! Really excited about a V4 but the R version probably will not be available until later anyhow plus first model of a new series always has issues whereas this should be as good as a Pani could ever be...

4. I'm sure Ducati have already said the Panigale will continue in WSBK next year. I suspect the V4 wont be announced until Autumn 2018.

5. I'd heard the V4 would be launched at the shows in Oct/Nov this year. Bloke in the pub told me :)

6. 250 miles? I did that just on Saturday! Keep what you have and use it!

7. That's what my dealer told me last week, standard and S models out first, then the R. As with the Pani R, best waiting until the 2nd gen (as I found out having got both).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. is it being replaced because it keeps getting battered in wsb by a 1000cc Kawasaki ,
    even though they changed the rules to allow it to be a 1300 ? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Isn't the rule 1200cc and the Panni R 1198 cc ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nice fact-based back hander ;)

11. yes I know I was being ironic ..
    maybe a 1500cc v4 superlegover worth 250 grand might beat this dam 10 grand ninja kwaka

• Like Like x 1
  12. i 100% Agree just looks cheap and tacky but each to there own
    I like the wheel barrow exhaust thinking of getting one fitted for SL1
    Some people HATE them again there choice

13. What Ducati should've done is brought the cans up road kerb side, i.e. so the rear wheels is clear. Nicer look and far more practical. No idea why they never?!!

14. Oh the irony, too subtle for me

Potentially we are looking at a 4 cylinder championship then as there will be no twins. The control ecu might be the best answer as it doesn't seem to be engine config that is giving anyone the edge.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So, the last Panigale 'hurrah' SL2 isn't actually the last, any they're now bringing out a half way house panigale with Euro4 exhausts so that they sell some more of the wheel barrow exhausts?

Sounds like a parts bin special to me boys :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PMSL you do realise that Sykes bike 2 years ago was more MGP than a MGP bike? Adjustable everything within the rules and why he had a new frame for every road, and since then why he has lost his mojo (possibly)? And each bike costs c200k to build? Funny thing is, the Ducati isn't any more expensive at that end ;)

But I wonder if the era of twins is over, to compete with 230+hp 1000 cc bikes, it needs a change of direction.

17. 848 Corse SE.... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sweepstake on the price gents?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information