1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale To Be Replaced?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Thanks, yes, looks like it'll be a SubLeggera™ ;)

2. 1299 superleggera FE ??

3. Superleggera lite*

*heavy

4. Threads merged

5. It will be superb that's for sure. A friend of mine has offered to buy mine if I fancied a punt. Don't think I will this time around. As ET said earlier I need to ride the one I have and maybe think about a V4 in the future. There's no restriction on numbers as far as I have heard, so if you order one it sounds like you'll get one.

6. I put a deposit down when the rumours started just in case. Honestly no idea if I would go for it as I'd need to trade in the BMW which is my work horse bike and I wouldn't want to be putting miles onto a 1299R. In some ways it would make more sense to trade in the 1199R which is less than a year old but then I would probably loose a serious amount of cash....still tempting though....!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't get it why remove the 1299 and give us a v4 for most probably for nearly twice as much money. unless the base v4 comes in to near the prices of the Aprilia and Jap v4s ducati will not sell a load, and will go back to oh theres someone with a shed load of money.
    it will sell some but a 30k bike for riding mainly on the road just seems daft.
    also will be interesting to find out what the x factor is between the ducati and the other v4s on the market.
    the whole point of the road bike Ducatis is the Vtwin engine and the feeling you get from it.
    Its an experience you just want more of as long as its not to hot haha.
    I feel a million bucks riding my Pani but I aint got a million bucks. lets hope the v4 when it comes out will be the same and will be a bike of the many and not the few as this I feel would be a backward step for Ducati.
    heres hoping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. From what I have been told, its more pani R money, than a replacement for the 1299s and base models. I would love another V4 after my Rsv4 but I won't be spending 35k on one unfortunately.

9. Reckon he 35k bike will be a pani, followed by range of base/s/r v4 2018/19

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The dealer I spoke to said it will replace the Pani R will be replaced by the new V4, and except a 1299 with 959 shotgun style exhausts. I hope he is wrong as I would love them to build a lower spec V4 for 18k to complete with the Japanese and Aprilia superbikes.
    Guess we will all find out eventually.

11. They won't be able to, won't pass the homologation rules for wsbk I think

12. Special edition 959 with a better exhaust due to them struggling to sell the current model!

13. What do you guys reckon will happen to middle weight pani? Will the make a smaller v4 or stick with a v-twin? I hope they keep them going as I prefer them for the road opposed to the full fat versions.

I hope this supersport s is not going to be this replacement!

14. At 35k I can't see them selling anywhere near as many.

Perhaps 25 grand if it's got all the bells and whistles.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information