1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Panigale Track Diet

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jolley, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Thank you. It would be easy enough to add cost, probably as a £/kg figure to give a direct comparison. Wheels are simple, yet expensive, however they have the added advantage that they are inspiring weight and the reduced gyroscopic forces make it quicker steering/braking/accelerating.... so in that case they are a bit of a special case.

2. Wheels are good value for the weight saved

Front is 4.4kg against OZ piega 3.4kg
    Rear is 8.1kg against OZ piega 4.6kg

Rotating and unstrung mass so feels like 2 or 3 times as much

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I put a stock 1299 exhaust onto my 899 and it was a good cheap mod I rode it for a while with no map changes and it was fine, went the rapidbike evo way and it was a nice improvement right through the rev range.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I can look it up, however off the top of my head the module was £200 and the brake lines £80-90. Not the cheapest of my mods, however it should also remove the spongey feeling the abs units introduce.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i have had my first run out with the oz fitted today[january in deepest scotland,fecking unbelievable].
    what a differance in turn in,nearly hit the banking early in the corners a few times,
    brain needs to recalculate or go faster

• Like Like x 1
  6. will keep an eye out for one then or if anyone has one let me know

7. Just weighed the charcoal cannister/bracket and it comes in at just over 400g, so another easy saving. Just need to decide the best route for the evaporation and overflow pipes from the fuel tank...
    58964FD9-55C9-42AF-B732-BB3344A54901.jpeg

8. I blanked the return off with a bolt and reused the clamp I took off. That hose was secured to the radiator using the existing rubber straps. I left the valve connected but tied out of the way above the radiator.

I used a T and joined the other hose to the tank overflow hose which runs down the RHS of the radiator.

#48 flatstick959, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. Good threadege....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, I found something on another forum thread. The only thing I’m not sure about with running the oil catch bellypan is if it is a good idea just to leave this in the pan (fuel vapour in an enclosed space near the exhaust!). I don’t think there is much else you can do with it though.

11. i used to run the coolant and fuel overflows to a catch bottle when i raced. a little 2 stroke oil bottle will do

12. Can you not use and old bottle or something?

13. Yes, I have the mandatory coolant overflow bottle. Just wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to send fuel into the same pot.... but I don’t suppose there should ever be much more than a little vapour, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

14. One is a drain if you over fill the tank (very very unlikely!) the other is just for vapour build up in the tank, so I don’t want to strap a load of “just incase” bottles everywhere. I doubt the Trioptions boys have an extra bottle, and either feed to the water overflow as @flatstick959 suggested, or just let it fall into the pan.

15. it wont be a problem mixing into 1 bottle - its just waste and wont find its way back into the system. I don't think i ever had to empty my catch bottle out anyway to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. @Spence how have you sorted yours?

17. May be worth a few grams if it means it’s less likely to catch fire.

18. Bored on the train this morning so I thought I would look at this, then realised most of what I have done is free!.... interestingly the things I did pay for are either to improve the bike in ways other than just weight saving (exhaust/brakes) or to save some of the expensive road gear replacements (fairing bracket - although mine was basically free). All the other pure weight saving is just a bit of time spent with the bike.

Euro4 exhaust swap = £500/3.8kg, so £132/kg
    Rear foot pegs (Euro4)= £0/0.9kg, so £0/kg
    Valve servo motor (Euro4) = £0/0.6kg, so £0/kg
    Sidestand = if you have to buy the delete plug (I had one free) £20/0.5kg, so £40/kg
    Switch to Renthal sprocket = £30/0.5kg, so £60/kg
    DB Holders front subframe (second hand) = £100/0.5kg, so £200/kg
    Mirrors = £0/0.7kg, so £0/kg
    ABS delete (at list prices, which I didn’t pay) = £386/1.0kg, so £386/kg
    Charcoal canister = £0/0.4kg, so £0/kg

I can easily take a look at the other mods I have listed to compare those, as well as add wheels etc to the list for info.

#58 Jolley, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Just FYI-I have an 1199, pro-fibre fairings & catch pan. Side stand also fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The pan I have (CRC I think) does look like you could run a sidestand because it seems to have a moulded section that would take it. I’ll leave it off for now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information