1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Panigale V4s Ride

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Monners, May 12, 2018.

1. I might be talking bollox but I think the V4 only fires on 2 pots until it’s loaded. Which explains the V twin sound low down. Don’t know at what point the electronics pixies gives it all 4 pots.

2. I think that's the point it's not as pretty all round than supposedly lesser bikes, look I'd have a v4 no doubting its awsome and is far from horrible to look at, I just can't believe it's not better to look at something really mouthwatering if that makes sense? In 2 years it will be, bit like 999 with grey frame went to red and bingo looks the bollocks imo, I'm tongue in cheek with a lot of stuff quite dry humoured but I do feel a bit disappointed with it, maybe pearl white and more black will look the nuts.

3. I'm two weekends in on mine, got to push it pretty good yesterday. I agree the stock pipe ruins the bike. I rode with a lad who has a stock v4 yesterday and the sound does not do the bike justice after you hear one with the arka.

4. I remember people having very similar attitudes when the first Panigale came out and not liking the looks. It takes a bit of time for people to get used to the changes I suppose? Also I think it's a case of certain angles looking odd in photographs that you dont really see in real life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It’s a bit rubbish when you buy a 24k bike and need to spend another 4K to make it sound good. You can get 2 amazing bikes for that sort of cash!

Anyway, I still find myself holding back from AutoTrader to see local availability.....

Please Ducati, Streetfighter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm just as put off by the noise level of the Akra though. Spend £4k to not be able to use it on most of the good tracks. Its unfortunate but I'd happily lose a nice sound track if it meant that I could ride it on more tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I might be in the minority here but having both the sp and the 1299 side by side I'm leaning toward the sp in the looks dept. I think the nose on the v4 looks way more aggressive compared to the 1299.

8. It certainly looks better in the flesh.

From the sounds of it there are a good few UK tracks it won’t get on with the stock cans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I get your point, looks are subjective and I agree that it doesn’t look as nice as the 1299 from certain angles, but from others I think it looks as good if not better than one. Plus it’s still by far the prettiest new super bike around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You can't really blame Ducati for the way it sounds, you have to blame the Euro-nanny Eco warriors.

11. I was hopping between a 1098R and V4S at the track at the weekend and the V4 feels a LOT wider around the base of the tank. You soon adapt and it’s shaped so that you still feel well hooked in to it, but it’s pretty shocking for those first few minutes

12. I was hopping between a 1098R and V4S at the track at the weekend and the V4 feels a LOT wider around the base of the tank. You soon adapt and it’s shaped so that you still feel well hooked in to it, but it’s pretty shocking for those first few minutes

13. I have the base V4 and am fine with the stock can, which I was surprised at. I was sure I'd Akra it. If termi made a normal looking underbelly I would pull the trigger for what would have likely been a reasonable price. But they don't (4Uscite is ridiculous to look at).

Although I know the Akra boys well and know their product is class leading, its a lot of wonga to put on a bike thats so good from the factory. Even when I rode the 899 I thought it was loud enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. if i was 25 years old with not a care in the world with look at me attitude haha, I would have Akras but had em free of charge on a 1299 deal and at my age they were to loud. my base V4 scares the birds away when going towards them in the countryside so I think its plenty loud enough and I think it sounds ok. Now ive had the V4 for a while I love the looks of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Termi are going to make a normal underbelly slip on, if it comes with db killers I will be definitely placing an order!
    agree on the 4Uscite looking pants!

16. Let's hope

17. Im still not convinced about v2 Pani (from the side) and I own one. TBF the v4 pani looks better once the front expanse of red is broken up a bit. The speciale looks better for instance than the base and S.

I'll be keeping my v2 for a little while yet and let you lot fix the issues most new bikes have before i plump for one. If I do that is. As I really like the R1M. I may shop pani in for one in autumn. But i'd also like a 1098R. Too many sweets in the sweet shop.

• Like Like x 2
  18. It’s al subjective isn’t it. For me it’s goes like so - V4 SP > 1199 tricolore > 1199 SL > 1199 red/white > 1299 red > 1299 SL > 1299 FE.

19. On a slight tangent to the thread but the 1299FE in the sun looks beautiful despite the leaked release pictures not looking great. It really did look special.
    32235407_10156065849011355_6110035486200299520_n.jpg 32186165_10156065848906355_6418603571880656896_n.jpg

#39 Monners, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I saw one in the sun, and I didn’t like it. I don’t love the wheel barrow exhausts either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information