1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Panigale V4s Ride

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Monners, May 12, 2018.

1. I rode a V4S yesterday and am considering buying one. I love the V4’s looks.

Its motor feels immense and the bike deceptively fast. Triple figure speeds were astonishingly attainable while just cruising. I was repeatedly surprised at the speed reading on the dash.

I found the riding position V. comfortable and felt at home on it immediately - akin to a wider version of an 1199.

I liked the low speed and off-throttle engine noise. I didn’t like the mid to high rev engine noise at all. It felt agricultural compared to an RSV4.

The Bike changed direction & braked beautifully.

The suspension was set to “dynamic” - I’m not sure of the settings passed that. In any event it felt rock hard and rode terribly. An rsv4, Tuono Factory, & both Öhlins shod triumphs have far better passive suspension set ups than that particular setting at least.

The Bike had 1750 miles on it. It felt much much older (brake & clutch travel, gear change, chain slap etc. etc.)

It must be superb on track. I wanted to like it more than I did.

Right now I’d prefer an RSV4 save for the fact it’s far too small for me. Given the comparative saving, it’s bolstered my liking of a Tuono Factory I’m sad to say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. You can transform the suspension with a few adjustments on the dash. Leave it race dynamic and pull some comp and rebound out of it. That being said the stock setting in street is almost perfect. I have a tuono factory as well but the V4 kicks it's arse.

3. Don’t be sad about liking the Tuono Factory, they are amazing bikes, winning best in class year on year for a good reason, will stay with anything on UK roads in the right hands:astonished::yum

4. Agreed, the tuono is a keeper.

5. I’ve got the base model not the S so cant comment on the suspension, but I thought the bike handling is amazing, best I’ve ridden.
    Engine note is subjective but I quite like the sound of the V4 higher up the rev range, although it isn’t quite as nice as the Aprilia I agree.
    Mine seems to get chain slap quite a lot too even though it isn’t loose, must be something they just do?.

6. Much as I have tried to love it the V4 just does nothing for me. I have poured over a few and I feel that it's very plastic fantastic. I saw one a month or so ago parked up, the whole rear of the bike was a mess the exhaust was rusty, the rear hugger did sweet FA to keep crud off the a section of shock the lower linkages and rear of the engine. What's it going to look like after 10k miles?

I've not ridden one and im sure Its amazeballs and will flatter and most riders. Its the fat brother to my 1199.

The reason I love Ducati superbikes and have done for years is the slim small chassis. I like the way you have to grab the fucker by the scruff of the neck and show it whos boss. And i love the way it rewards, nothing makes you feel more alive than controlling wild Pani.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Loved my 1299s but since i bought the v4 it just gets better and better acceleration is mind blowing

8. Buy one and ride it. Until you do so you’re not qualified to diss it. It’s an impressive bit of kit...

9. Was merely expressing an observation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. picked my v4s up on Saturday, have done 360 miles on it already and I'm totally blown away by it! it's level on from the 1299s!
    The 200/60 tyre is a game changer over the 200/55 never mind the peach of a motor! and the updated leccy suspension! The Q/S is so smooth as well.
    Amazing bit of kit!
    Totally echo OP!

#50 Chillo, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. A subjective and personal conclusion arrived at because of your own likes and dislikes. Nothing wrong with that, it’s why stuff sells (or not) but expect others to disagree. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  12. All true, people like what they like. Looks have a big role in what I buy but I ran mine to 10k in the twisty bits on the weekend and the thing was amazing.
    It could have looked like a BMW 1000rr when I got off it and I would not have cared (at least for a half an hour)
    Having a 1299 I kind of get the argument about having to ride it well to get the best out of it, but after having the bike for about a month I will only take out the 1299 for a track day or if I feel it needs a run to keep it fresh. The v4 really out performers it in every way possible. As others have said it simply is that good.

• Like Like x 2
  13. That’s like saying I can’t comment about morbidly obese women because I never took one to bone town.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Maybe you should give it a try ;)

15. No it isn’t. Fat birds try harder.

16. They do have to fart to give you a clue though :)

17. Roll them in flour :)

18. I hate fat so much I’d rather have sex with a good looking man than a fat girl.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Love how this has gone from a V4 discussion to talk of shagging routund ladies and handsome boys in 6 posts. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Fat Girls and Scooters, both fun to ride until your friends see you.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information