1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Panigale V4s Ride

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Monners, May 12, 2018.

1. So the V4 is a quicker bike on the road than a 1299? No serious question?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Definately

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. @Robarano :worried:

4. Absolutely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Wot you on about? I'm not interested in fat girls. :confused:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  6. I bought an Aprilia in the end after making enquiries about a standard V4. I couldn’t get one until September. One dealership tried hard to get one, the other, who had repeatedly told me it was an S version I wanted, told me the standard Bike couldn’t be procured as Ducati hadn’t made many as “no-one wants one”.

7. It's a similar situation for most of the manufacturers. They sell much more of the posh models over the base ones.

8. Is it the RSV4F or however the lettering goes??? I get confused. The fucking fast one basically. How do you get on with it? It seems such an enigmatic bike. My mate's just bought one after his R1M and after his first couple of laps wanted to burn it! He couldn't get on with it at all at first (I'm talking track btw). But after a few more track days he's started to like it. And I know it gets absolute rave reviews in the mags so it must be good when used right :upyeah:

9. I went for the Tuono Factory. After several enquiries and test rides I decided the RSV4RF is too small for me (put a lot of weight on my shoulders). It’s such a shame as I loved it.

It’s hard to compare with so little road riding between the two however I preferred the RSV4RF to the V4S I rode. Track rising will be a different prospect altogether with the adjustable suspension.

The V4S I rode was so agricultural, the quick shifter / blipper broken and it felt tired after 1700 miles.

The Aprilia in comparison rode like a Rolls Royce. It was just so smooth in all respects. It gave so much confidence.

I’d say the V4S quicker in a straight line and turned in quicker on the road (it felt lighter).

To my mind the step up in straight line performance from the 1199 to the RSV4RF was as noticeable as that between the RSV4RF and V4S I rode.

Out of choice, were it not for the riding position, I’d have chosen the RSV4RF over both V4 models to use as a road bike.

On track I could well imagine the V4S opening a bit of a gap perhaps.

10. Thanks for that. If I'm not mistaken Ducati have played with the firing configuration on the V4 to make it feel and sound a bit lumpy and twin like low down. Dig a bit deeper with throttle openings and it all changes by all accounts.

What was up with the blipper/QS?? When I briefly rode my V4S I loved the blipper/QS! I thought it was as smooth as snake shit. But be aware, I'm coming from a 1098R which is 10 years old.

11. I guess they are all the same but the upshift was way to slow to me on my mates V4. It was like the opposite of the 2012 1199S where it was setup fast like a race bike and people chugging around town couldn't get on with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How big are you 1976DC (not sure I would fit one) and which dealer did you use for the tuono factory? Is there much discount to be had?

13. The quick shifter was goosed altogether as a previous rider kept his foot on it. That was the story although quite how that is ascertained I’ve no idea. I can’t imagine anyone test riding a V4S, with a 5 grand excess and dealership screening being inexperienced enough to operate a quick shifter and then, having not been able to operate it, go back to the dealership and admit they’d fucked it by keeping their foot on it.

But that was the story.

Even so, gearbox went up and down without the clutch / quickshifter sweet as a nut.

I also thought the Bike was ott for the road I have to say. Unreal.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 5ft 11 and weigh 16 stones with not an ounce of core strength. A grower not a shower.

Teasdale for Tuono. £15,800 with Akra can and delivery. £349 for two years additional warranty.

Local dealer didn’t want my XDIAVEL S. having said that, they were however interested enough to inspect it for part x. and discovered the 750 mile old second drive belt was torn by a stone after me telling them it had just been replaced. Not good and they lost interest after that.

The Tuono is immense. I’ve done just under 400 miles in two evenings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I wonder if that can be tweaked via the ECU. Probably. Rest assured it will be factory set in the 'safest' setting.
    I'm hoping to have mine ready for July 5th Doocardi day at Donington :) That should get the bugger run in :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Tuono is an absolute weapon, l loved and miss mine. It would make the perfect stablemate to the SuperDuke.

• Like Like x 2
  17. You can definitely do it since they slowed down the 2014 Pani quick shift with the updates. I'd love to take a V4 around Donnington, I was toying with hiring one from CSS but I think someone said they had already sold out? I'd want to put my own tyres on there as well just to know what I'm getting.

18. View attachment 121936 View attachment 121937 I was at Cadwell last Monday evening for first time on track with the v4s (9 months since last on track so a bit rusty!)
    Tyre tech set my pressures at 36F (hot) and 26R (hot).
    At first I thought that sounded to high for the front but tbh they worked perfectly and after 4 hard sessions no tearing at all.
    Will check what the cold pressures are as I rode it straight home and put it in the garage. Going to add 2-3psi to the rear for road use, not sure about the front.
    Really need to move some weight bias over the front! Got some onboard footage that I’ll share when I get it off the memory card.

19. On the road, I'd have thought that depends on rider. Ive been skinned by fast guys on 600's before. The current bunch of super bikes are all there or thereabouts. On the track, well then I suppose it matters. But for the road, the rider, the traffic and the amount you are willing to risk comes into play. I wont play and let faster peeps go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Just bought one from my 1299s and Yesssssss

Do Not Sell My Personal Information