1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantah 600sl - Project For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Elliott Jubb, Jul 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOW SOLD

Hi all,

Ive just joined the group as I’m looking to try and find someone who might be interested to take on a project in its early stages of restoration.

I have a 1981 Ducati Pantah 600SL which used to belong to my father. The bike hasn’t run in nearly 20 years, but around 10 years ago the bike was stripped completely with the intention of rebuilding. However circumstances meant that the rebuild never started. The engine and gearbox were fully overhauled, and the frame shot blasted/powder coated. Other than that all the other parts remain in boxes and has now been in my possession (garaged) for a number of years.

I don’t have the capacity or will to do anything with it. I did think about finding someone to restore it, however I think the best option would be to let it go to someone else who might have more interest in it!

The bike parts are complete with the exception of the carburettors (which I presume must have gone missing in the last house move) and the front fairing/screen/light are not correct (I think they are from a similar year Suzuki.). Other than that it’s all there, although I suspect there are a few bits that are unsalvageable, like the wiring loom! It also has two completely different wheels, I think the front is correct but not 100%.

Ideally I would like it all to go as one, but maybe it would be easier just to sell in bits (seems a shame though.)

I have the V5 - albeit still in my fathers name and there is some history/paperwork in a folder too! I also have a number of photographs as it was being dismantled.

Chassis/Frame number: 661268
    Engine Number: 601632

I’d appreciate any feedback in terms of somewhere/someone I could approach who might be interested in taking it on? Given it’s age/condition it’s hard to try and value it either as a whole or it bits, I see some parts on eBay but whether or not the asking prices are reflective, I’m not so sure. With that in mind, I’m supposed to indicative a price, so I’ll put £1000 as a value, but I’m happy to hear people’s thoughts.

Anyway, thanks in advance! I plan to stay on the site as I hope to soon buy a Diavel - I currently have a Z1000sx.

Cheers,
    Elliott

#1 Elliott Jubb, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum:upyeah:, perhaps change the label to Pantah 600SL project for sale, this way you might just get a bite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Add some pics of these wheels, engine, frame and fairings plus a price?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hi @Elliott Jubb

You have to be a subscriber to sell something on the site. I’ll leave this up for a few hours to allow you time should you want to subscribe.

D0858892-9FC1-4924-BEE2-8EED2EE08D79.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for subscribing :) and good luck with the sale :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Same from me too :)
    Welcome into our mad house

• Like Like x 1
  7. I could certainly be interested. Could you please PM some photos?

8. No problem… I’ll get some sent over the weekend! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. i'm interested, where are you ? please provide phone number

10. It’s sold bud, stated in the original listing at the top.

11. Thread closed then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information