1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pantah Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Multiverse, Dec 20, 2015.

1. If you do get around to the rewire, I've got a pattern for the main Pantah loom, just trying to find a suitable pattern for the clocks etc. Perhaps you have one knocking about I could borrow Pete?

2. Battery hidden as I really don't like a great big lump of ugly plastic sitting in the middle of such a beautify machine. When funds allow I will probably fit a fancy lithium ion battery ( and probably have to buy a bloody new fancy charger! ) Although I did re use /fix up the awful condition original harness I did replace all the heavy duty cables from battery to solenoid solenoid to starter (and earn straps). Spins quickly and starts promptly in spite of the fact I have not done any fine tuning to the carbs. Will probably go for one of the m1 boxes mentioned in an earlier post. Saw the motogadgets tacho speedo arrangement at the bike shed show on a number of bikes-really nice! Start saving now!!,!

3. The Motogdget stuff is very niice. Fitted the Motoscope Classic clocks to a Guzzi Cafe racer. nice easy install.

4. image.jpeg A momentous day as I managed to get an MOT. A few niggles getting there. The first is tank sealant. Knowing the fibre glass tank is not capable of coping with ethanol I used something called bill hirsch tank sealant from hitchcocks m/s's. It looks like nothing more than pva glue and not very thick. After three weeks of 'holding' fuel one of the seams obviously became saturated with e10 petrol and split open. F**king useless product. I had to take out a 6-8 inch section of the tank and rebuild it. After making good I tried the more expensive caswells product. There appears to be a couple of products, this is a phenolic based product. A bit like making up a more liquidy expoxy resin. After about an hour of slowly rotating the tank with the product it's starts to set. Looking inside the tank it now has a glass like veneer of about 5 mm thick sealant. Looks really good and so far so good.
    I few ergonomic details to fine tune and a few longer than 2 mile runs to check its all good.

5. image.jpeg Well, after what looks like a year of 'shake down' I have stripped the allazura/pantah project ready for a more cosmetic rebuild. Wheels were blasted and powder coated by TPCS who did a fantastic job I must say. I have found some floating discs marked up as for the pantah but are the same size as the allazzura with the Oscam wheels. Used some nice drilled titanium bolts so,it seems churlish to not wire lock them in a sexy racer style! (Also picked up some 4 pot brembo calipers and master cylinder as per most 90' ducatis). the oscams are designed for tubeless so I could use a conti road attack on the front and a conti road attack classic on the rear. I have a Moto gadget M1 magic box and have just knocked up the harness. Currently spraying the frame and swinging arm so new photos coming soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Great blog, great skill!

7. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Engine now back in repainted frame. My own top yoke machined from a solid lump of Ali. Also made a fork brace from Ali. Still a bit too chunky so I need to trim it down on the mill. One long stainless engine bolt to go and a pair of the fancy front ones. Also need to make a bracket for the gold 4 pot brembos I have picked up. Nearly there!!!

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. A wonderful post that shows what passion Ducatisti have. I read it in awe as this is something that I could never do ever!!! Many congrats.:)

9. image.jpeg New front engine mounts turned up in stainless and spacers (Ali).
    Don't ask me to make you a pair as I suspect I will be on less than minimum wage!

• Like Like x 2
  10. image.jpeg image.jpeg Needed brackets to fit the later 4 pot brembos. A bit of a fiddle measuring up and making but hoping the LHS will be more of a breeze. Those bolts are temporary- final version will be titanium.

11. image.jpeg image.jpeg Needed brackets to fit the later 4 pot brembos. A bit of a fiddle measuring up and making but hoping the LHS will be more of a breeze. Those bolts are temporary- final version will be titanium.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bravo , sir

Are you making your own titanium bolts?

13. LOL! I wish! Stainless is a battle enough for me. Titanium is a material too far. Happy to knock things up in stainless and aluminium but the pain gaining the skills to machine titanium is a step too far.
    Best regards
    Keith mm

14. Love this build. Popcorn at the ready.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information