1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paraffin For Chain Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by hyper95, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Red diesel for cleaning and Wurth for lubing

2. Taken from your Transit?

3. Not quite Keith, but it's free.
    You need so little to clean a chain and sprocket, I got 2 liters a couple of years ago and still got over half left

4. Just got all the factory gunk off mine with paraffin, inside and outside of chain, repeatedly dry with blue roll, jobs a gooden.:upyeah:

IMAG0410.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Looks like new that:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Now that’s a clean motorcycle right there :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Cheers Nige, gonna polish my nuts next and maybe some CF wheels with a faint translucent orange hint laquer come the winter. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. obscene language that word "WINTER" wash your mouth out now: unamused:;)

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Soz..... The cooler temps.....

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Any time your passing, you can pop in and do mine Wayne :)
    I was warned once that parraffin can cause dermatitis, is this correct lad ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paraffin. A revelation in cleaning. And it’s cheap :):upyeah:
    9B875AFE-C2B5-40CA-8085-5BE469CD7FC4.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Not too sure mate, I always use the green gloves when cleaning my chain. However, it's my understanding that oil based products can block the pores which would cause issues. Also, anything that degreases can't be good either? I would guess that very infrequent exposure to paraffin on the hand would be OK, but I wouldn't want to shower in the stuff daily. :upyeah:

#52 Wayne58, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. This is a thread about cleaning chains, not showing off new ones and sprockets :rolleyes:
    p.s. You missed a bit ;)

That, I must say, is impressive :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It did start off dirty honest

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fibber.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. With dust from the factory. ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I use this Muc-Off Chain cleaner 551903.jpg any thoughts ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. do you guys actually ride your bikes or just ride them home from the showroom and park them up, some seriously OCD cleaning going on there... :rolleyes::D

19. Do you just brush on parafin and wipe it off? I need something like this for racing as you use a light oil and clean it every round.

20. I brush clean with paraffin, and dry off with blue roll, it's does not have to be bones dry to apply lube as it's oil based, but after blue roll drying, I generally leave over night before re lubing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information