1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paulie Does The Uk

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 25, 2019.

1. I like black pudding:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Really needs 3 sausages to be described as 'full' :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. One for our @Davebird, back of my B&noB this morning.
    64DC6535-EF5A-46CB-B428-61EC8CE41C4A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Just pulling into Dublin Port and it’s :splat:. Pants:mad:. First time this past week.

5. You sure? Wasn’t that earlier one served in Pembroke Dock: Little England beyond Wales!

6. Funny you should say that. I was trying to be PC and use the correct nomenclature but when I cane down to breakfast last Thurs morn in Pembroke Dock, the fella there did ask me, with a Mancunian accent, if I wanted a full English:confused:. The B&B owner was from oop north as well.

7. Just ducked out of shower for fuel, a sandwich & to wait for it to pass. Had to buy this for our Scottish brethren:)
    55DF3611-BC09-4B34-B4CA-73BD557BCCF4.jpeg

8. We've all stopped drinking that stuff since they took the sugar out :mad:;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. There is a continuing influence from the invasion and settlement of that part of Wales by the Normans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsker_Line

It wasn't just the island of Ireland that they “acquired”

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Did you have time to fill out the garage online survey;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brum to London leg, make your way at some point down the A5 near Towcester and visit the 'Super Sausage' café, best in Britain apparently for a few years running, bound to meet likeminded, and then there is the famous Baines Racing at Silverstone, all round Ducati expert and ex-Ducati racer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Next time for Paul maybe? He took the ferry back to Dublin this morning.

14. :joy: It was actually rhubarb!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gunnera Mannicata - giant rhubarb. So primeval looking. It grows in abundance in the wild here in West Cork.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thanks Joe, I’ll remember that for the next time :upyeah:

17. To round off this thread.
    1. I was fortunate with the weather and the only rain I got was from Athy (just outside Dublin) to Youghal, about 3 hrs on N & R (A & B) roads. I did have a rain jacket but no trousers so suffered a soggy crotch:( but as the sky turned blue the closer I got to West Cork it soon dried out.

2. My foray into the lingerie dept of M&S was a success:). She liked it and (most importantly) it was the right size :).

3. The best roads IMO in no particular order were.
    The A40 through S Wales, around the Brecons and into the borders.

The A446 (iirc) around Ashby de la Zouch

The A5 through N Wales

The N25 from Cork to Rosslare

The N81/82 from CityWest to Kilkenny

All in all I had a great trip. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information