1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paulie Does The Uk

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Eastside trading Estate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yes,,,,01242520307:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. anyone need a bike mot ???

4. Cook,You need a advert display like "Exige" everytime you post up on here:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lovely to meet you Paul
    It was sooo busy I was hoping to get a pic with you and a bin :)

6. Yep, I’d read about it on here, as it was en-route I thought I’d call in :). I can imagine it’s thronged at the weekend and there’s some sort of Bike Fest on this coming weekend, but until the GS’s arrived it was quiet. Mind you it was 10.30 ish on a Thursday.

7. Wha :bucktooth:

8. BMW ORS (Off Road School). Barstewards! What is with BMW riders, (or even coffee & cake consumers as they weren’t riding at the time). Not one of them waved. Not one of them acknowledged the 3 x CB1300 riders or myself. Not even a nod & hello.:mad:

What is it? The first instruction on the ORS day or handover of a new BMW to a rider is...

“You must not salute ze oder motorfahrzeughoptbahnhifstrassecyclistor ve haf vays off dealing vit you vich are most unpleasant”

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Coming up....,
    53BC946C-A1BC-4C1B-A8C9-AC82F521EBBC.jpeg

@Sam1199 rode all the way from West London to Cheltenham to meet up at @cookster ’s place. Cookie made a lovely cup of tea as well and so bought Jaffa Cakes but due to the extreme temperatures they had to go in the fridge before consumption:(.

Alistair, thank you.
    Alister, thank you.
    :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Viv, I will search out bins for you on the rest of my journey. It was my pleasure to meet you, brief as it was. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just so you can all have a laugh, here’s my attempt at a selfie, before Sam’s pillion offered to take the photo. As my youngest daughter keeps telling me, ‘Dad, you’re shite at selfies, don’t do them!’
    34FD9E42-400B-4A5C-A002-33963F236E05.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Anyways, last night I stayed in a nice B&B in Pembroke Dock, but man, the bed sheets! Who still has red ones. FFS, they went out (of my life) in the early 80s when, having bought them in a fit of bachelor macho-ness, I soon realised
    a) girl’s don’t like them, and
    b) they’re not very practical (use your own imagination).
    Yet, here they are in 2019!
    27A20AAC-423D-4640-9EEA-8DAE2C00A18D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Paul and Sam, it was a pleasure to meet you both and I'm glad you were happy meeting at my work. Anyone on here is always welcome to stop for a cuppa .

@PaulPhillips stay safe for the rest of your journey mate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Boy, the A40 from Carmarthen to Llandovery and around the North side of the Brecon Beacons is a cracking road. I’d love to ride that again, both ways. And so many other bikers, I ended up like one of those nodding dogs on the parcel shelf of cars, even when I saw a GS rider coming towards me:).

I should stop and take more pictures but it was too good a road and I was on too tight a schedule today. Just the one below, from the hills above @cookster ’s place just outside Cheltenham.
    A61DAB14-463B-4555-ABF0-B84CEA0BC612.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Two sights I wished I’d been able to photograph but couldn’t suitably pull over.

1. Coming into Llandoveryfrom the west, as the road crosses the river, there was a young woman, in an Edwardian swimming costume, sitting on a deck chair on a pebble beach exposed by the low water, with a parasol held above her. A sort of surreal Monetesque pose.

2. Then coming down the hill into Brecon, there was a man, walking up the hill, in shorts, with a high-vis vest on pulling something huge, and I mean about 20’ long and 10’ high, behind him. I had to look twice. It was a cross. FFS, Jesus Christ, what’s that all about?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tonight’s B&No-B is very delux :confused:, but a nice young couple trying to eek out their way in expensive London.

It’s in a block of 1960s local authority built flats:worried:
    C997F6E7-4377-423E-9DE7-30B6AA07BEEA.jpeg
    The stairs to the apartment door are just plain concrete - easy for sluicing down the piss, vomit and used syringes I guess:thinkingface:
    B11D74C5-C4A3-4F2C-BEEA-861D3305A2D0.jpeg
    The room would have been their living room I guess before they chucked a bed and a spare duvet in there and started renting it out.
    F3C07B79-6A4B-4B11-B56C-66A05000B746.jpeg
    5EF0DD6B-5145-471C-A03A-F62F4CC7F127.jpeg

But...... WTF is going on here? Red sheets again! Are they back in vogue or something? Do I need to get some for home?
    BE9147D3-06EC-4A49-AD13-DE0C19827874.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. ;) I had to make the tea last time

Ah love this pic of the three of you bloody wish I could have joined you

I had plans to set you off with cake and a bin selfie with you
    I ended up with a job that wasn’t done properly :triumph:

Hopefully a next time

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. The school is based in my village, very , very popular they come from all over the world to obtain or brush up on their OR skills. A bit toffee nosed as you say.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I personally don't like them they show up the Jizz stains more.:D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. Can i hear Ennio Marricone instrumental music piece playing as a background track for you three bad boys;)

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information