1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paulie Does The Uk

Discussion in 'Touring' started by West Cork Paul, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Red is fine if your a secret claret drinker i guess;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Late to the party here but it looks like you made a beeline for the one place you should avoid like the plague!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well, I did say use your imagination :worried:

4. Yep, London, but had to see Daughter No.1. Jeez, it’s noisy (and I’m deaf!), hot (very much so in leathers!), busy and a nightmare to ride in with cars, scooters, push bikes, buses, other bikers coming at you from all directions. I seriously don’t know how I stuck it for 20+ years:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. That was your first mistake ...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. There not being any curtains on my bedroom window, well nothing that worked as intended, I was awake at 5.10 when it was fully light. Caught up on my msgs, had a shower in the worlds smallest bathroom, gathered my gear, walked 1/2 mile to where the bike was parked, saddled up and took a short trip to Putney for one of the best breakfasts in London. It’s less than a 4 mile journey but took me over 30 mins and that’s at 7.15 in the morning. Still, worth it though.
    1FFD6EB7-94A1-4647-98A6-8BE1CE4352C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Done on purpose to throw the bait out there:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. I 've to say many moons ago i used to love taking on the dispatch riders & other motorists for that matter..........a real personal test/buzz for me:upyeah:
    but a way overpopulated sewer system nowdays.:mask:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yep, we were rehearsing, great acoustics in the MOT bay there:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. ^^^Stop teasing us:(,that should keep you going all day long.:upyeah:

11. Breakfast with Jeremy Clarkson? Cool :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I think he's pickup that book that chiZ left behind,count of monte cristo:thinkingface:;)

13. Yeah, I thought that too. He came in, sat down, opened his laptop and started talking to it; a Skype call I guess:thinkingface:. Anyways, I had to look twice to make sure it wasn’t him, but I don’t think it was, didn’t sound like him, just a doppelgänger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yep. Off to Woking now to see a mate, then Sutton Coldfield via Ducati Aylesbury for a look see.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Surrey Hills and the Chilterns: doing all the big peaks in one day! Enjoy the mountain scenery!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Turbochargedphillips,,,,Your making mincemeat of this tarmac;):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. :upyeah:Yep, but I don’t want it to do the same to me, hence the full leathers etc even in this heat. It pains me to see fellas riding around in shorts, t-shirts, no socks and moccasins. Yes mocassins. I thought only Native American Indians wore them, or Italian gigolos. Still, this is hipster London.

ps. It was actually very nice when I rode in my jeans, trainers & t-shirt the 1/2 mile between my B&B-less and my daughter’s secure parking where I left the bike overnight. Bloody hippocrate:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. When wearing jeans you just have to turn down the throttle to suit your survival needs,no big deal.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hi Paul, what time are you planning on getting to OYB Aylesbury? Might see if I can come over on the Kwak.

20. Only one sausage - Outrageous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information