1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay for a TV Licence Even if You Don't Have a TV!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Tea, Apr 5, 2014.

1. But we arent on about doctors.
    That is an essential emergency service.

2. no kids bbc in my house would be an emergency.

3. That isn't a contradictory statement. The fact that the BBC is often influenced by Government policy or desires is not mitigated by occasions where the reverse is true.

Perhaps. Perhaps I am thinking of doughnuts. Or perhaps I am remembering certain BBC news coverage of the miners' strike in the early 80's, for example?

4. Where does that spring from? I have never said that he BBC is "totally independent" nor that it is "without bias". What I have pointed out is that the funding model of the BBC makes it more independent (and more free from manipulation by private owners, advertisers, or governments) than any other funding model yet devised.

Editorial decisions are made by human beings, and those at the BBC are just as susceptible to bias in their personal opinions as the rest of us; the point is that they are rather less susceptible to financial pressure from outside influences than broadcasters within other funding models.

5. If A is independent of B, that does not imply that A must contradict B on every issue. It just means that A is not bound to obey B's orders.

6. Yes, you definitely are, and so am I.

7. If you're taking orders for doughnuts ... I'll take two jammy ones..

I knew you'd come around to my way of thinking.

8. i don't think Pete wants a doughnut. he was thinking doeghnut. ;)

9. I don't watch TV and I don't use iplayer. I have payg and never exceed 1gig per month. They must mean contract broadband users or they will be chasing after kids next.
    And another thing, years ago this could never be done with WAP, GPRS or 2G, its only advances in consumer technology that make this possible. It is more workable to stop terrestrial broadcasters using the Internet to stream programs. Just because they have a website that enables this doesn't mean they can claim they are now being disenfranchised by anyone with an Internet device - that is Entrapment, and there is a good law against that. It is they who are seeking illegal methods of payment, not us.

#109 luckyskua, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  10. So some of you would rather pay £5 a week for bbc 1 and 2' than a couple of quid for everything?! Sheesh

11. No I wanna be paid a fiver to watch the sh@t :rolleyes:

12. When my son went to UNI his first year was in the halls . There were individual flats with 5 bedrooms , own toilet and shower , and one kitchen for all 5 to use . All five had to have a tv licence each though .I paid it only because I didnt want him to get off on a bad foot , But , If the BBC went down tomorrow I would be over the moon. Robbing bastards .

13. So how do you think broadcasting should be financed and controlled? Should everything be owned and controlled by Rupert Murdoch? Should it be paid for from general taxation and controlled by government ministers? Should the advertisers have power to censor everything? So come on, don't be shy, tell us what you actually want to see.

14. I want the choice to say to bbc I dont want your services so stop beaming it to my house as I can with sky. I dont want it so I wont pay for it thats what I want.

15. OK, so you seem to be saying that you have no idea how broadcasting should be financed and controlled, you have no coherent opinions to express even when invited, and you can't be bothered to think about the issues you post on. Fine, that's your privilege.

16. And I shall thcream and thcream until I am sick

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. You got one thing right I cant be bothered with wankers who witter on about bbc shite.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1

18. Never argue with an idiot (not you) - theyll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jesus - the hey look at me font just got bigger :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information