1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pcp Equity?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by flatstick959, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Maybe looking at a new Ducati but this time on a PCP

can anyone who has/had a V4 say whether they had any equity in the bike at the end of the term?

£11k for 3yr ownership on a base model or streetfighter S

£14600 for 3yr ownership on V4 S

Pretty hard to stomach if there’s no equity left in the bike at the end of that term

my 959 was 12500 and I sold it for 9k after 3 year so only cost £3500!

2. I think it’s in the dealer’s interest to structure the deal so you have some equity in it at the end of the deal

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah they make it so the bike isn’t worth less than the settlement but wondered what sort of money was left at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Only way to find out is to get the dealer to calculate a deal for you :)

https://www.ducatitrioptions.com/

5. They won’t say what the bike is worth in 3 years so I was hoping for some real world experience from previous owners to see if they had anything left in it

6. Really? I thought that was the whole point that they gave you a guaranteed figure for the end of the deal.

Which dealer have you been dealing with?

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Different bike - Scrambler 1100 - but it was in negative equity after 2 years - with 1 year to go.... so will be handed back...

Black Horse sets teh values based on their actuaries and dont always get it right..

8. £14600 for 3yr ownership on V4 S ,!!! :astonished::astonished:

This is nuts !!
    I can’t imagine people would lay out this kind of money with nothing to show for it at the end ??

Im old school, fek pcp deals and all that crap, if I don’t have the cash to buy it outright, I’d just wait another year until I do have it.

Rather than p1ss £14,600 away like that, if I were you I’d get a bank loan for £15k and buy a new RSV4 1100, then at the end of the term you own the bike outright :motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. You and me both.
    I don't get some people . Its just hiring a bike and nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Didn't have a Ducati on PCP, but my last bike was and I ended up negative equity to trade in/hand back after 2 and half years. And I put a juicy deposit down too as to avoid negative equity should I lose my job or something. In the end, settled then sold to a mate as I got my money back that way. If I was to hand back I'd have had to pay nearly a grand and zero to show after.

I do know that there is an incentive for there to be equity normally as it means they can sell you another bike without you having to stump up a crap load of cash, just don't expect that to happen even after a positive outcome last time. In very uncertain times at the min.

On another note, with interest rates so low, have you looked at a loan? Get a pre reg one or something with a few grand off at 3% or so and I bet it wouldn't be far off PCP depending on length of loan etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PCP is just a way to part you from your money, there is nothing in it for anyone apart from the dealer or the PCP company.
    I am lucky in that I have paid cash for every bike that I have ever bought. If you cannot save the money to buy the bike in the first place then you probably can't afford to pay the interest on any sort of credit.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1

12. My gsxr is £130 odd quid a month on 0% :joy:

I put down £500.

That equates to not even one night outs worth of money on the piss for me. You can make pcp work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. As much as it's nice to buy expensive goods cash knowing you own it etc, there wouldn't be a new bike Market nor half the Manufacturers as they would have gone bust years ago. Without finance and everyone would be rocking around on 15 year bikes with 100k miles on the clock.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. So you think that some company exists who wants to lend you money for no profit? No chance, they are making money out of you somewhere.

15. They had some good deals though with 0% APR. Can't really go wrong with that. Basically like a savings account that :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. No one said no profit :) Even buying cash means someones making a profit margin. Way of the world

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I can’t agree with you to only ever have what you can afford to buy outright. That may have worked back in the 50’s but not today. We live in a consumer society & with care, that’s not all a bad thing. As you say you’ve been lucky to be able to afford to do that, but many can’t & there’s nothing wrong in borrowing within your means. I’m with you on PCP however & have never understood how just paying money out to rent a bike that you then have to give back is a good idea, although Adam seems to have found a loophole

• Like Like x 1

18. For the figures I mentioned above... I can't say i'm too bothered tbh.

I also don't like owning depreciating assets ESPECIALLY in the world we live in these days. I've always rigged my PCP deals up that I'm generally only paying the depreciation of it. And I also hate selling stuff, so just walking away from it is ideal for me personally. I never keep anything longer than a few years anyway and have no want to 'own it'.

To insinuate that PCP is always bad is a little small minded in my opinion

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. I have the same Deal on my gsxr1000r - £130 a month 0%.

I’ve also got a triumph which I got a good discount on new and 18m on I’m in negative equity in it - the prices have fell and there’s a million for sale. I’m just glad I didn’t pay rrp for it or that would be another couple of grand.

I usually buy my bikes outright, the Suzuki was the first one I’ve ever done PCP on as it was 0% so daft not too

20. I had a new panigale and a 1yr old monster 1200r both bought outright sitting in the garage - that’s a lot of money tied up in toys that only get used 6m of the year.

I bought bikes and cars outright as I got a discount for not taking finance but I’ve got a GR Yaris on order and it’s on 2yr 0% so I’m using their finance - why spend your own money on a depreciating item when you can use theirs? That WILL have a strong residual and equity left at the end also.

If there wasn’t finance available (and pcp in particular) Ducati, Audi would sell nothing.

if I do get another Ducati I’ll probably finance a V2 myself but interested to see what if any equity if left at the end on a V4 for comparison

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information