1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Performance Figures

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Nov 26, 2017.

1. yea he lives in Yorkshire....

2. You wouldn't want it on your nose as a wart :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. 1/4 mile, 0-60, etc times only matter to traffic light racers, most of which probably change up to whatever is the latest/greatest.

Lap times show you the real ability of a bike and 1.5s is huge if the test pilot is Michele Pirro :upyeah:

4. I still don't get that anyone would buy a bike just because it's horsepower figures are the highest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Power is one thing..the way it is delivered is another thing and actually much more important than 10-20hp difference.
    I remember a test with Neil Hodgson where he lapped quicker on the smaller F3 MvAgusta and Triumph Daytona 675 as compared to MvAgusta F4 due to bad power delivery and throttle control.
    1100cc and v4 configuration should provide a smooth power delivery.
    Shame to admit but there are guys on 600cc going past me on the track....so power is not all.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Agree, get an average rider on any superbike and lap times will be more and less the same.
    As the rider will reach his own limit quicker than the limits of the bike.

7. There are a lot of posers out there. I’ve largely outgrown it, but some people never do.

8. 1.5 seconds less than the Panigale around Mugello is a hugely impressive figure. The 1199R wil do more than 215bhp with just a system and remap so the V4 is pretty sure to deliver I'd have thought. The handling is what I really want to know about. How will the extra weight of parts in the engine effect the agility of the bike? I can notice the extra weight in the 1299 engine over the 1199 for moving the bike side to side and leaning in fast corners and whilst I think ultimately the 1299 is the better do it all bike. I prefer the 1199 size engine even though it doesn't have the power of the 1299 as it can be chucked around so easily. The R is a step up again and is phenomenal for it's lightness and agility.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I agree but they live among us and in numbers lol

10. And they buy Kawasaki H2s!

11. It's all subjective. Some poeple are drawn to a bike by it's looks and latterly it's performance (though they will be mindful of it being an improvement over it's predecessor), whilst others don't necessarily care if it's not the best looker, citing power as the main attraction.

12. I'm mainly a road rider with only a few track days behind me. I'm getting the base V4 just because its a V4 that has the Ducati looks with the performance 2nd really as we all know its going to be stupidly quick. I'm hoping the V4 wont get penalised at Silverstone as its just round the corner and I wasn't sure whether my pani with akras would pass the sound test.
    I love the way it looks its less busy than the 1299 on the side views.
    wonder if the mpg is better than the 1299 haha ( probably not).
    roll on 2018.

13. The V4 has an EU4 compliant exhaust which is road legal in the UK. The V4 exhaust outlet is very different to the 899/1199/1299 so should not suffer from the same difficulties. Andy

14. 'I am buying the world's most powerful mass-produced Superbike and I hope it's got good MPG' :thinkingface:

What does a Superbike do to the gallon when thrashed, 12MPG? 15MPG?

15. Over the mountain my rsv4 drops down to.....9 dont own it for its economy...

• Like Like x 1
  16. I get 20 ish mpg on short tracks like Cartegena on my 1098R. Andy

17. That 215 would be at the crank wouldn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. let alone the risk of accidental impregnation just from 'tripping over'.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Not everyone is using the bikes on track.
    There are major differences in MPG for the same power output.
    My gsxr was at mid rpms(road riding) at least as strong as my R1...30-35mpg on the gsxr and only 20-25mpg on the r1.
    Could be happy to have a half day blast with my mates without having to waste time to fill up 1/2 way into the ride...cannot do it on the R1..the bugger stopped dead after 90miles. I was not even pushing as my mates are all riding BMW adventure bikes(although they are reasonable quick)......on track I do not care as I take 2 jerrycans with me + half tank to start with.

20. That is actually not bad at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information